how can i store films on zotac
hey there i've got xbmc installed on my zotac zbox, all i really want is a to be able to play films and music on my telly, if i put a usb stick in i can play movies of that but what i really need to know is how to store films on the zotacs hard drive, i would also like to do this wireless if i can, i've had a bit of a fiddle around and i've managed to locate my pc but its asking for a username and password but i've not got a clue what they are!
What OS is on the ZBox? Also, where do your movies reside? Are they on another computer or do you want to copy them to the ZBox?
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard
If you're connecting to it via Samba/SMB/CIFS (all the same thing) AFAIK the user account that you're connecting with needs to be on both computers. I'm running XBMCbuntu on my Zotac AD02 and Chakra Linux on my server and I try to avoid Samba at all costs, it's always been a pain in the ass for me, even in Windows. I do all my stuff via SSH/SFTP since it's a lot less hassle and the account doesn't need to exist on both PCs.

You can store movies anywhere on your Zotac's HDD but the easiest place to do it would be in the default user's home directory so there aren't any permission problems. I have mine stored on an external 3TB which is mounted at /mnt/external/, but it could literally be mounted anywhere you want, you just have to set it up in /etc/fstab

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how can i store films on zotac0