Boblight, atmolight, karatelight, ibelight ..... ?
Hey Guys

I wanted to buy a kind of ambilight system to work with boblight.

What kind of hardware do you suggest ?

Some tipps for my setup : XBMC running on openelec and i would like to have a minimum of 60 channels running with boblight.

I was looking into Krautmaster's Sedu Board and also adalight and ibelight, all of advantages and disavantages.

What are your experiences ?

Thanks

I'm running into the same qustion today.

I think Krautmasters Sedu Board is nice, costs for my Tv about 200€.
Yeah, i ordered Krautmaster's Sedu Board yesterday. i was at 265 including a 15% deduction i got. damn 52 inch screen .-D

anxious now to get it
Buy adalight! It is cheap, very good and will not cost you much.
You need Arduino and LEDS with ws2801. You can get all the material from e-Bay or. direct China import.
You can build yourself 50 channels ambilight for 50€.
(2012-06-07, 07:07)illiac4 Wrote: Buy adalight! It is cheap, very good and will not cost you much.
You need Arduino and LEDS with ws2801. You can get all the material from e-Bay or. direct China import.

How hard is it to setup adalight? I want to get an ambilight setup going. I've read different tutorials and I'm ok with the programming parts, but the soldering and circuit parts I am less familiar with. Most of the tutorials seem to gloss over it - is this easy or do I need some kind of electrical engineering background?

Does Adalight work with Win7? And the Boblight add-on for XBMC?

Very interested in this as well! Adalight self built setup with Win7? Recommendable?
Read this, it is for linux but it will give you some idea. http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=18 Adalight setup is working also on win7 with lightpack (out of box). Also on this forum i have seen boblight compiled to work with win7 so it should work also with boblight.

There is not much soldering skills required, just a few wires.
(2012-06-07, 07:07)illiac4 Wrote: Buy adalight! It is cheap, very good and will not cost you much.

How do you get managed with 50€?

For example adafruit has some material:

2x LED Strip 80$
Power Supply 10$
Arduino Board about 30-40$

That is not much cheaper than atmolight or other systems which have better/easier to use layouts and software, just my opinion.....

Not true.
You did not try hard enough Smile 50 led stripe you can get for 35USD incl shipping. Arduino board for 14USD incl shipping. Plus power supply and jack and some additional material for 10US.
Of course this is all from China. Search e-Bay and use google.
(2012-06-09, 08:13)illiac4 Wrote: Not true.
You did not try hard enough Smile 50 led stripe you can get for 35USD incl shipping. Arduino board for 14USD incl shipping. Plus power supply and jack and some additional material for 10US.
Of course this is all from China. Search e-Bay and use google.

Can't find those prices............
I have searched a bit on ebay and found this:

Arduino Board:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/320855597219?ssPa...1423.l2649

LED Stripes(will need 2m):

http://www.ebay.de/itm/160810882132?ssPa...1423.l2649

Can I use this board and LEDs for Adalight?
Does anyone have a review for the ibelight one?
Looks best judging from the videos... Smile
Torro14: Arduino: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Duemilanove-...3cc7463685
Leds are ok but 1m is not enough. The price for 5m of those leds are around 85USD from China. You can buy also the one on, wires those are cheaper around 0,47USD per LED and they are sold as 50LED in pack so around 23USD and they are also scalable. I was working with both of them. The one on stripe it uses a little 'hack' to correct the colours but are slicker. And i would not buy the waterproof one because you will not watch tv under water or. shower.

And visit the link I have gave you a few posts before and you will find many answer and also prices and all the hardware required. I have a feeling that you are a little lazy. Oh yeas and ebay exists also as .com and other domain not just .de Smile
Will one of the 50 LED strands at the alibaba link be long enough for my 52-in LCD TV? I'm estimating it's about 150 in. around my TV so if I can put the LED's 3 in. apart, will that work?

Does anyone know approx. how much shipping to the USA runs on this LED?
I'd take from 75 to 100 leds. More than 100 leds you will need other controller.
For shipping ask the seller but it will be around 20 usd.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Boblight, atmolight, karatelight, ibelight ..... ?0