Anyone got ambient lights working in XBMC?
I just finished building my ambient light board from a diagram from amblone but for some reason they dont work UNLESS you check off "Use a fullscreen rather than a true fullscreen". Was wondering if anyone else has issues with there lights if they have any?

Thanks.
I tried this to, and as with you, I need to use the fullscreen windows. This is fine with me, but i get 10 lps and that´s way to low to make it look smooth and awsome Smile
Got a Amd 2,4 GZ with an ATI 4600. Should just be enough I though...
It was a fun little hobby project though. Arduino is fun Smile
From the Ambiclone FAQ:

"The reason why the video colours are not detected is probably because your media player is using hardware acceleration. This technology causes the image to bypass the conventional way graphics are handled, and takes a 'shortcut' to the GPU. For this reason, the screen image cannot be accessed by the Amblone software, and hence the colours cannot be extracted."

Maybe this is part of the problem?

The idea is excellent though, would be a nice wee project to tackle at some point.
Lucky for me, my 47 inch phillips tv is made with ambient light so it just works
do a search for "ambilight" or "boblight" and that should get you where you need to go...
New version AmbiBox 2.1.4 released.
In the new version added direct capture from XBMC
really demmax2004 ? did you search out all ancient threads just to add your announcement, once is quite enough.
(2013-11-28, 22:50)davilla Wrote: really demmax2004 ? did you search out all ancient threads just to add your announcement, once is quite enough.

All topics have different locations
No they don't, you've posted in 5 threads in this part of the forum alone.

Don't do it again as cross posting is against the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone got ambient lights working in XBMC?0