Artwork Default Name
I am trying to input my movie library into XBMC, but when it scrapes it is using a completely different image for the poster than I have in my directory.

Right now I'm using this convention:

Movie (yyyy) [dim - snd - src - type] (ie. John Carter (2012) [1080p - DTSHD - BLURAY - MKV]
--- folder.jpg
--- fanart.jpg
--- Movie (yyyy).xxx

When I scan the drive for movies, it does not use the folder.jpg when it scrapes (I'm using Aeon Nox, if that matters). Is there anything I can do other than manually altering the image after the scrape?
the fanart and thumbnail images must be named properly in order for xbmc to notice it...so for "John Carter (2012) [1080p - DTSHD - BLURAY - MKV].mkv" your fanart should be named "John Carter (2012) [1080p - DTSHD - BLURAY - MKV]-fanart.jpg" and your thumbnail (which is what i think you mean by "folder" should be "John Carter (2012) [1080p - DTSHD - BLURAY - MKV].tbn"
Code:
John Carter (2012) [1080p - DTSHD - BLURAY - MKV].mkv
John Carter (2012) [1080p - DTSHD - BLURAY - MKV]-fanart.jpg
John Carter (2012) [1080p - DTSHD - BLURAY - MKV].tbn
(2012-06-03, 22:35)digitaltomj Wrote: the fanart and thumbnail images must be named properly in order for xbmc to notice it...so for "John Carter (2012) [1080p - DTSHD - BLURAY - MKV].mkv" your fanart should be named "John Carter (2012) [1080p - DTSHD - BLURAY - MKV]-fanart.jpg" and your thumbnail (which is what i think you mean by "folder" should be "John Carter (2012) [1080p - DTSHD - BLURAY - MKV].tbn"
Code:
John Carter (2012) [1080p - DTSHD - BLURAY - MKV].mkv
John Carter (2012) [1080p - DTSHD - BLURAY - MKV]-fanart.jpg
John Carter (2012) [1080p - DTSHD - BLURAY - MKV].tbn

So, it has to be named after the folder? I thought it could either be named after the movie file (ie. John Carter (2012).mkv => John Carter (2012).tbn) or as folder.jpg?

I can make the adjustments, I just thought calling it folder.jpg was fine.
honesty, i never put videos in separate folders, all my movies are in one folder...but I think it is worth a try...just do one movie and see if it works, you can always rename it if it dosen't...make sure to remove the video from your xbmc library (dont delete it from your computer tho)...and re-scan your library so its back in there...you may have to delete your nfo as well before it is re-scaned
If you use "Movies in separate folders named after the movie" then folder.jpg/fanart.jpg is fine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-06-04, 00:49)jmarshall Wrote: If you use "Movies in separate folders named after the movie" then folder.jpg/fanart.jpg is fine.

Cool, but then why the heck is it scraping and using different artwork?

I can't imagine I'm doing anything wrong - but here goes:

I go to VIDEOS -> FILES. Add the new drive. Tell it recursive (just in case) and that folder isn't name of movie. Then I switch it to "Movies" and click okay.

It scrapes, but then I have all new artwork in the movies view. In the "files" view it uses the local art.
"folder isn't name of movie"

isn't != is.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(2012-06-04, 07:20)jmarshall Wrote: "folder isn't name of movie"

isn't != is.

Pardon?

Are you saying that in order for this to work, the folder they are contained in need to be named after the movie name rather than the full name I give them?
I only get it to work if I name it folder.tbn
John Carter (2012)
--> John Carter-fanart.jpg
--> John Carter.tbn
--> John Carter.mkv
Thats how I've got it setup on my system and it works 1A
Love XBMC :-)
No, I'm saying that for folder.jpg to be picked up you must specify "Movies in separate folders named after the movie"

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Default Name0