Aeon Nox won't stop updating to 3.0.1?
(2012-06-06, 02:33)cheeksmonkey Wrote:
(2012-06-05, 19:06)Martijn Wrote: What you could have done is change the skin version number in addon.xml to version="6.0.0" (or whatever) so it would only update if a higher version was available.
This would have kept your settings

I tried this and seem to have broken my XBMC now. Here's what I did. Hopefully someone call help me fix it.

First I launched XBMC and rolled back to 2.0. Then I closed XBMC. I went to the folder:

C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox

I opened addon.xml and changed version="2.0.0" to say "version="10.0.0".

Then when I launched XBMC it defaulted back to the default theme (the name escapes me). I went to settings and it still says "aeon.nox" in the settings but if I go to the addons section the aeon nox skin is not listed anywhere in my enabled or disabled addons. What can I do? I really don't want to lose my 2.0.0 settings.

Had the same problem, it goes back to the default skin: confluence (although it is stated as Aeon Nox), This is what I did:
Try going to SYSTEM->APPEARENCE->SKIN (it should be in the list there, among with Confluence) and select/load Aeon Nox again from there. Mine also dissapeared in the addon section (using the other -change the name- method). Worked for me, Good luck!

note that in your addon.xml your version is still set to 2.0.0... not to 10.0.0
Windows 10 Pro (64bit), Kodi v19.1 "Matrix"
Intel NUC8i3BEH (Samsung 970 Evo, G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB)
Samsung UE49KS7000, Logitech Harmony remote 350
AudioEngine D1, Synology DS218j NAS (SMB protocol)
(2012-06-06, 08:25)Zokkel Wrote: note that in your addon.xml your version is still set to 2.0.0... not to 10.0.0

Yeah I knew about the 2.0.0. I had changed it back while attempting to fix the issue and I guess I left it that way.

Anyways I don't know what I possibly did differently but I got it working. Zokkel your idea unfortunately did not work, but I went to addons and chose to Install aeon nox again... I figured at this point I would likely lose my settings in the process. But it installed fine and then let me rollback to 2.0.0 and restored my settings. I closed XBMC, opened the addon file and changed it to version 7.0.0. I launched XBMC again and it worked like a charm. Aeon Nox 2.0 was back, with my settings and when I looked at aeon in the addons section it said 7.0.0. So I should be good for awhile!

Thanks to everyone for the tips. I really appreciate it and am glad to have it back the way I like it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox won't stop updating to 3.0.1?0