ATV1 w/Eden plus PVR support.
I just got my hands on an ATV1 160gb. I have it jailbroken with the current build of EDEN. I would like to know if it's possible to add PVR support since I have mediaportal running on my media center. Everything I have found is for ATV2. Do I have to switch to crystalbuntu? I'm going to eventually get a crystal card.

Thanks
Isn't the ATV1 just an Intel x86 CPU? Surely its just a case of reformatting it with something like XBMCbuntu or Cyrstalbuntu and installing the PVR build.
As far as I know, xbmc have just dropped support for the 10.4 sdk, which is necessary to build xbmc on Tiger (and by extension ATV1 which uses a slimmed down variety of 10.4.x). You're going to need to go to linux on it soon just to have newer builds of xbmc. By the time PVR is "official", you'll almost certainly need to be running linux on it. If you're adventurous, you can install a minimal Hardy on it your self by following the wiki (or the ATV-Bootloader project homepage). If you're not too adventurous, just install Crystalbuntu on it, which is basically the Hardy setup you need with all the necessary tweaks already done for you.

Also, you'll need to install the dependancies to get stuff building on Hardy. Look in the first post of the libcmyth pvr addon thread and you'll see that tsp has linked to an updated list of how to get the dependancies for building xbmc-pvr on Hardy on the ATV1. The only thing I missed off it is the tinyxml dependancy (that's new since I put it up) and the libboost stuff (which is only really necessary for the mythtv addon as far as I know). If you install Crystalbuntu and then follow that dependancy install guide then you'll have everything you need to build it....

Jimmer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV1 w/Eden plus PVR support.0