Looking for the right Zotac box - thinking the ID41
Hi all,

So up until now I've been using a Boxee Box, which while it did the job I wasn't super happy with certain things, and the devs really have no interest in improving the functionality and squashing bugs, they just want more partners and streaming services.

Anyway, so lately I've been playing with XBMC on the Raspberry Pi and it's perfect, exactly what I need, aside from the Pi being a little slow. All this has led to me deciding to buy some decent hardware to run XBMC permanently.

As per the other thread, I'm pretty much in Group 4 with regards to what I want it for (720p and 1080p mostly), so I've been looking at a Zotac ID41 as they seem to have a good rap on here.

I basically just want to check with the experts (that's you!) if this is still a good choice. I'll probably just run OpenELEC on it through a fast USB drive, so I won't install a HDD. I'll put 4GB of RAM in there, purely because it's cheap and I can Smile

I really just want the menu's and skins to be silky smooth, with no issues with fanart or thumbs loading etc (which is a prob with the Pi at the moment). Oh, and playback obviously Wink.

EDIT: I'd like to be able to run Aeon with no performance issues as well

Thanks so much for your advice everyone, much appreciated!
Or am I better of splurging a bit more for the ID80?

EDIT: Apparently not. Lot's of issues in the OpenELEC forum with this one.

personally I would go for the 80.
The latest openelec beta 4 has been pretty unstable for me, the issues you see might be more a sw issue than id80 compatibility issue.
Hi there,

I'd prefer the 80 as well but it seems it's plagued with shutdown/resume issues:

http://www.zotacusa.com/forum/topic/5553...entry18588

http://openelec.tv/forum/64-installation...zotac-id80-
Ok, I think I might go for the AD04...
Don't the AMD chips have issues with Linux? I'm new, so I could be wrong.

I'm looking at this, too. I wouldn't mind buying a small, mountable (SFF) pre-built setup which would stream from a server.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for the right Zotac box - thinking the ID410