First Time Build - Would Love Feedback
Something to watch out for. When I built a system with the SUGO 07 there is hardly any space between the top case fan and the back of the optical drive (the SUGO 08 may have more room). My slimline DVD drive had a slimline sata connection (I don't know if the one you listed does).

Anyway I started by using the Startech Female Slimline SATA to SATA Adapter with a right angled sata & power cable

It didnt fit and resulted in me trying to force it, which in turn lead to this:

I then got one of these: StarTech Right Angle Slimline SATA Female to SATA with LP4 Power Cable (0.5m)
and it fitted perfectly (but still tight):

Hope this helps
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
@charlie0440

Thanks for the heads up. I have read that this model is just as tight between the two.

As far as I know it is not a slimline sata, the specifications I have read across multiple distributors state "SATA". Though do all slim drives have slimline sata or its it variable?
sorry dunno, couldn't find a photo of the back of the drive on google images to check.
Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
(2012-06-06, 04:26)Wingilot Wrote: As far as I know it is not a slimline sata, the specifications I have read across multiple distributors state "SATA". Though do all slim drives have slimline sata or its it variable?

Your Sony slim slot-load BD-ROM requires the adapter charlie0440 pointed out.

All notebook/laptop slim optical drives are slimline SATA unless they are IDE. The adapter is simply to get the notebook drive to work with a desktop's connections.

@charlie0440
@dougie Fresh

Thanks for clearing that up. Looks like I will need to get that adapter. Thanks again

Wing

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First Time Build - Would Love Feedback0