ASUS GT430 - No HDMI Audio
So ive looked all over for solutions, and used what i have done in the past with no luck.

Using XBMCUbuntu(the latest as of yesterday), which had like NVidia drivers 280.13.

aplay -l shows

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 7: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 8: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 0: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 9: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]

Back when i was using OpenElec all i would do is set it to HDMI, turn off all the passthroughs as i am just hooked up to my TV and not a receiver, set a custom type for both, and set it to
plughw:0,7

And it would work....but no such luck with XBMCUbuntu..i have tried 3,7,8, and 9 and none work...i get no error when playing a video though, there is just no sound.

One thing i found interesting is when i try speaker-test it only tries outputting on the left channel, if i try forcing it to any other channel with -s it says the argument is invalid...

I also updated to the latest Nvidia driver(295.xx) but it still does not work...im running out of ideas, i cant get any audio out of this thing now Sad
try plughw:1,9 as this works on my system with the same card
(2012-06-04, 13:03)johnjohn1981 Wrote: try plughw:1,9 as this works on my system with the same card

Nope, i tried plughw for all of the devices and it wont work...and i cant get sound out with speaker-test either..but it only seems to be trying the left channel..i would expect it to be the center for my TV?
List "aplay -L" and use the line from that rather than plughw:0,X. Should look something like "hdmi:CARD=NVidia,DEV=0".
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard
Have you tried creating an /etc/asound.conf file? That in conjunction with the custom settings should work.

Have you tried speakertest?
Code:
speakertest -D plughw:0,9 -c 2
Ended up getting it to work after finding some other threads

Had to use alsamixer to unmute 3 of the channels, and also turned off the menu sounds as i read that can cause issues...then plughw:0,9 worked(none of the others did).
it is quite strange that alsa is not picking up your on board sound as 0, like it does with mine.
out of the three systems i have with xbmc they are all 1,9

Hmm I'd menu sounds turned on on all of my xbmc boxes and don't have any issues, what potential issues are you referring you?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ASUS GT430 - No HDMI Audio0