Win movies stop playing and returns to xbmc menu page
Video 

hi im new to xbmc.
before i tell you my problem here is the specs of rig im using.
antec 1200 case v3,fully carbon fibre'd with red window tint side window
all red LED fans including big boy fan LED red.
zalman 6 speed fan controller
antec 1000w psu
gigabyte 990fxta ud3 am3+ mobo
amd fx 4120 running stock @ 4.2ghz quad core
zalman cpns 9900 max red LED cpu cooler
8 gig amd performance edition memory 1600mhz
2gig xfx 6870hd dual fan black edition graphics card
western didgital caviar black sata III hard drive
windows 7 professional x64
xbmc 10.1 installed
pc connected to lg 32" 1080p tv via hdmi
sound from pc to surround sound system via optical cable
2TB usb 3.0 external hard drive,movie storage
now all thats out the way heres my problem

got pc all nicely set up and running really smooth,i keep all my films on a 2tb external usb3 drive
this is where my movie libary is stored.
when i play a film sometimes,the film stops and returns to the xbmc library menu.
ive checked all the settings i know ,like is it correct sound setting,full screen,stuff like that.
it does not do it on every fim but i download alot of mkv,blu-ray files via rapidshare.
ive had 1 film do it all the time,so i copied the film and played it through media player and all was ok no stopping.
so took it to my mate matt,who has xbmc as well and he added fim to his library,and guess what no fil stopping at all.
so i copied his settings and set my pc to near it
but still get films stopping and returning to film library

is there any suggestions please,
i like version 10.1 not that keen on new eden 11
Sounds like there is some issue with that specific video... Some media players are more fault tolerant. See if you can re-encode the video through Handbrake, it should clean it up a bit. I don't know why this video plays out fine in your buddy's XBMC set-up and not yours other than to point at multiple version updates between your set-up and Eden 11. At this point a lot of software add-ons will no longer be available to Dharma, and suggest your issue might dissipate with the update.

What in Eden is keeping you from an update?
HI THANKS FOR THE REPLY.
the eden just doesnt appeal to me.
it says there isnt a actual movie menu like dharma.
will give handbrake a try and get back to you on the issue,
how do i update to eden without uninstalling dharma,can i just update and keep all my settings and library's
what do you think of eden?
Just upgrade to Eden. Trust us. It will be fine.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM..._to_v11.3F

Shouldn't be a lot of issues... export your library to separate files. A re-scrape locally is pretty quick if needed.
(2012-06-04, 23:08)Me23 Wrote: Just upgrade to Eden. Trust us. It will be fine.

hi,well i was watching war horse last nite and if froze on me.
so i restarted pc and found it has updated itself to ededn,and set all my library up for me and kept all my settings,
so the freezing was the software upgrade i think,i hope anyway.
(2012-06-05, 02:53)PatK Wrote: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM..._to_v11.3F

Shouldn't be a lot of issues... export your library to separate files. A re-scrape locally is pretty quick if needed.

hi,well i was watching war horse last nite and if froze on me.
so i restarted pc and found it has updated itself to ededn,and set all my library up for me and kept all my settings,
so the freezing was the software upgrade i think,i hope anyway.
The freezing might have been some sort of lock-up from one ver to the other, patiently waiting... the system might have come back on stream. But in your case a boot is as good as patience. I'd just pass along a note: XBMC has many threads going on in the background, should you exit/quit the system takes a few moments to fully unload. Should you want a little more control over updates and when that occurs, go into settings>add-ons and toggle auto update off and put notify on.

Welcome to the forums, Looks like you're part of the XBMC community now...
(2012-06-05, 22:51)PatK Wrote: The freezing might have been some sort of lock-up from one ver to the other, patiently waiting... the system might have come back on stream. But in your case a boot is as good as patience. I'd just pass along a note: XBMC has many threads going on in the background, should you exit/quit the system takes a few moments to fully unload. Should you want a little more control over updates and when that occurs, go into settings>add-ons and toggle auto update off and put notify on.

Welcome to the forums, Looks like you're part of the XBMC community now...

hi patk.
well thank you for letting me in to the community,but have not had the time to see if all ok since update
will be downloading some more films over the coming days and will keep you all informed on the outcome.Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
movies stop playing and returns to xbmc menu page0