Linux Suggestion: XBMCar
Music 
This would be mostly a skin but (and there already might be these functions) it would be cool if core functions needed for a car PC were included like:
  • Radio Tuner (assuming the correct hardware is installed)
  • XM Radio (Addon?) (functionality?) if correct hardware is installed
  • Bluetooth functions from within xbmc, for phone connections and media streaming from the phone to the carPC

I know the number of people who would use this is incredibly narrow, so I wouldn't expect it to be a priority if these things don't already exist, but I think it would be really cool to have those available features.

I also know these things could probably be mostly done by an addon, the problem with add-ons in my opinion is their jankyness and the inability to be seamless and fully integrate into xbmc.

I imagine you could have a wonky setup and technically have all of the features, but a fully polished impressive carPC thing would be really cool, for the 50 people who would use it Tongue

I Has Ideas, thanks for letting me share them Tongue
Matzerath
Out of curiosity, what are you using for the display in your car? I was thinking of frankensteining together a rig for my car but didn't know what kind of display to get.

I'm kindof car-inept....i can put a PC and server together with my eyes shut, but i'd be hard-pressed to tell you where my wiper fluid goes....
I haven't entirely decided yet. Evaluating 8-12 inch LCD touch-screens can be difficult but I am looking at

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis...=BESTMATCH

As far as the PC, most people tend to try to minimize the box and put it under the passenger seat or build it box-less into the dash.

matzerath
Ouch, $500 for a display? You might as well glue an iPad to the dashboard.

Check ebay for 7" or 8" touch screens. You'll find far better prices.
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
i was looking for the same, a RaspberryPi with XBMC and a touchscreen for in the car.

i found some screens, but im looking how to connect them to the Raspberry

https://www.amltelecom.com/kleinhandel/p...ineel.html
https://www.amltelecom.com/kleinhandel/p...ineel.html
HTPC 1 : OSMC 4K, Titan Bingie
HTPC 2 : Nvidia Shield 4K, Titan Bingie
Mounting a tablet is actually a possible idea.

The issues are:

XBMC having the capability with a car-unit skin

I wonder how difficult it would be to invent and mass produce a mount that can host a tablet as a primary car audio device. The mount of course having dongles that can fall into the dash very cleanly, allowing for XM/Sirius, HDRadio, local radio and hell, local television stations.

I could see an XBMC build targeting a car could get into a future generation of cars. Every year the cars become more and more touch-screen driven with shitty softwares.

I like it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Suggestion: XBMCar0