Here's a very simple YAC Listener (Caller ID) for Eden and Frodo (probably Gotham too, but I haven't tested it).
Download here. Install it from the zip within xbmc.
I couldn't find a working YAC Listener for xbmc so I searched the forums until I found some usable code that I modified slightly. I only know the basics of coding and don't know anything about python so the functionality is *very* basic. (i.e, it won't pause whatever you may be watching; it won't play a nice tune for you. etc)
Here's what else you'll need:
- A modem supporting Caller ID.
- Caller ID service from your telecom provider.
- For Windows, get YAC and install the YAC Server on the computer with the modem. Do not install a YAC client on the same machine where the xbmc YAC Listener add-on will be running. (You can install YAC clients on other PCs though).
- Get an updated yac.exe from here and replace the yac.exe from the previous step. This isn't strictly required, but this version allows the option to suppress the "YAC Server" popup preventing a duplicate with the xbmc YAC Listener popup.
- For Linux, I'm not sure of an equivalent to YAC but I think it is ncid.
As mentioned before, it's a pretty simple script so there are only a couple options you may want to modify:
- How long the popup is displayed. Edit addon.py in your addons\script.yaclistener folder. Find and replace 7000 (7 seconds) to whatever length of time (milliseconds) for which you want the popup displayed.
- The popup icon. Replace phone.png in your addons\script.yaclistener folder with whatever image you desire.