In app keyboard map display
XBMC has a lot of customizations and makes very good use of the over a hundred keys on a keyboard. the problem is that I really don't know what the key functions are without trial and error in the app or viewing the xml.
A great feature to add would be somewhere in the System menu ought to be a GUI that would display every function and it's current keymap. Bonus would be to customize the mappings in app and to reset them to default values. The keymaps ought to be tied to the User account in XBMC so that each user can customize to his or her needs.
Not a bad idea by any stretch, but that might be pretty awkward to do, since the keymaps can vary by context. You'd almost have to have a universal 'ShowKeyMap' key that would pop up a map describing whatever context you were in when you pressed it.
(2012-06-04, 17:58)digitaltomj Wrote: I set my remote to send almost every key keystroke necessary to run XBMC...I have even set it so when I hold down the MCE button in the middle and press the arrow buttons it acts as a mouse with the ok key being a left click and the enter key being the right. I used a cross between the MCERemote add-on and an AutoHotKey script I wrote myself...you may not have to go to the lengths I did, however, if you have any "extra" buttons on your remote that serve the same functions as your appendix...I would suggest re-mapping them so you can control your computer and XBMC setup.

Here is a nice little how to website

and here is a list of keyboard commands

Also a helpful graphic of the commands

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
In app keyboard map display0