Linux media files not always available after reboot
so im playing a video file then do a reboot and now none of my media files are available, the images/covers are there but when i click on any of them xbmc can no longer find the file.

jump to buntu and i can see the drives and access them, back to xbmc and the drives and files cant be seen.

reboot my htpc again and xbmc can see the drives and can access the files again.
Are the drives being auto mounted at boot? You need to add a entry to /etc/fstab to have this done.
yes they should be auto mounting at boot and i guess they as i can see them in buntu,

where is /etc/fstab is that in xbmcbuntu or in buntu?
Check the current mounts using "mount" in a terminal. If you don't see the correct device, use "sudo nano /etc/fstab" to add an entry for it.
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard
to be fair i have no idea what it is im looking at in "mount", i have no experience with linux what so ever

i also did sudo nano /etc/fstab but that litytle sence to me also, what is the entry i need to add is this some kind of script?
and does it make any differance if it goes into "xterm" or "uxterm"?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
media files not always available after reboot 0