[Windows] TV Show, fanart and, episode thumbs disappear after updating to nightlys
Hey forums, Upon updating to xbmc nightly 5-31-2012, I noticed all of my TV Show thumbs, whether it be, the from the show, fanart and episode thumbs have all disappeared. Here's a screenshot.
Image.

At first I thought it was the nightly, so I backed up my profile folder and uninstalled xbmc and reinstalled Eden. All TV Show related thumbs showed fine. I then updated to the oldest nightly available, 5-19-2012, and the same thing happened. I updated all the way to the current nightly, 6-04-2012. Same thing. Does anybody know how to fix this? I'm not seeing this problem popping up in the forums so I'm assuming there is a fix available. Thx in advance. Here is my xbmc.log in case it helps determine whats went wrong. Though all looks fine to me.

xbmc.log on pastebin

Edit: Upon further inspection of the xbmc.log I found multiple errors like these.
Code:
18:22:40 T:3240   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: http://thetvdb.com/banners/posters/80159-4.jpg
18:22:42 T:6272   DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(082F1A80) http://thetvdb.com/banners/posters/84645-8.jpg
18:22:42 T:6272 WARNING: JpegIO: Error 53: Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x%02x 0x%02x
18:22:42 T:6272   DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(082F1A80) http://thetvdb.com/banners/posters/84645-8.jpg
18:22:42 T:6272   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
18:22:42 T:6272 WARNING: XFILE::CCurlFile::CReadState::FillBuffer: curl failed with code 33
18:22:42 T:6272   ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Open, didn't get any data from stream.
18:22:42 T:6272   DEBUG:   msg: PICTURE::LoadImage: Unable to open image: http://thetvdb.com/banners/posters/84645-8.jpg Error: (0)
18:22:42 T:6272   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: http://thetvdb.com/banners/posters/84645-8.jpg
18:22:42 T:7628   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 50, sym: 0112, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
18:22:42 T:7628   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: down (f081) pressed, action is Down
18:22:45 T:7628   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 50, sym: 0112, unicode: 0000, modifier: 0
18:22:45 T:7628   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: down (f081) pressed, action is Down
18:22:45 T:6452   DEBUG: CTextureCacheJob::GetImageHash - unable to stat url http://thetvdb.com/banners/posters/77526-5.jpg
18:22:45 T:3240   DEBUG: CTextureCacheJob::GetImageHash - unable to stat url http://thetvdb.com/banners/posters/129261-
Is there a way to fix these or are these simply bugs.
Have you tried using the default Confluence skin to see if it works properly. I have tried one or two skins with nightlies and they don't seem to be compatible with current versions.
Thanks for your reply. The above screenshot is using the Confluence skin. However just to be sure I uninstalled all skins except Confluence, uninstalled XBMC and reinstalled nightly 6-04-2012. Again No thumbs associated with the TV shows show up. I even tried removing and then re-adding the source to no avail. Interestingly enough, if I manually try to select a different thumb, it shows the thumbs availiable, but the pictures themselves do not show up. Heres a shot.

Thoughts?
The URLs in your log are working fine now - perhaps you hit a bad time for thetvdb?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm having the same issues after upgrading to recent nightlies, I'm also noticing alot of HDD activity with the MyVideos64.db and Textures13.db constantly being modified. Is it just that it's a very intensive process upgrading to the latest version of the database as I have a large amount of TV episodes and movies.

EDIT: having just seen this thread here I'm seeing that this could be a major issue for me, my database is very old. probably being initially created at some point in 2009 so I'm sure practically all the urls stored are going to be incorrect meaning that, if i understand how the new database works, I would have to rescrape ~1000 movies and re select the artwork I chose initially on adding (quite frequently I didin't go with the default/most popular artwork/poster).
jmarshall: Thanks for replying, the thetvdb URLs always worked fine. What makes me point to the nightlies as the problem, is when I downgrade back to Eden, all my artwork is there unchanged, but as soon as I upgrade to any of the available nightlies, no tv artwork. Strangely enough, this doesn't affect my movie artwork, which is fine. Plus if all of the artwork is stored in the profiles/thumbnails directory then could it be a nightly or database problem?

Here is the latest xbmc.log I just ran the 6-04-12 nightly, saw there was no TV artwork, then tried to refresh, my 30 for 30 show to no avail.

Edit: Also as I stated above, removing the "TV Shows" source and then re-adding it does not work. Really stumped here guys.
XBMC cannot download those thetvdb.com URLs for whatever reason. Could it be something as simple as you not having your network connected correctly, or you have a a proxy set when it shouldn't be or some such?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

@tungmeister: The log will show you what is going on. And yes, there'll be a lot of access to both the texture and video databases while everything gets update (it's done in the bg thumbloader as you view things).

You won't have a problem unless you have stale images in your database, which would have already been a problem anyway as outlined in the thread you linked to.

jmarshall: thanks for the help. I was able to figure out that it was my antivirus (Kaspersky), was somehow blocking my thetvdb.com images. I could view the entire site, sans images with AV turned on. Everything works now with AV turned off. Thx again.
No problem - glad you got it sorted.

(2012-06-06, 03:41)jmarshall Wrote: @tungmeister: The log will show you what is going on. And yes, there'll be a lot of access to both the texture and video databases while everything gets update (it's done in the bg thumbloader as you view things).

You won't have a problem unless you have stale images in your database, which would have already been a problem anyway as outlined in the thread you linked to.

Well I'll open up xbmc and leave it for the day to see if it sorts itself out, sorry if i misread some of the other thread I was abit drunk at the time Undecided
(2012-06-06, 00:36)richeerichhh Wrote: Thanks for your reply. The above screenshot is using the Confluence skin. However just to be sure I uninstalled all skins except Confluence, uninstalled XBMC and reinstalled nightly 6-04-2012. Again No thumbs associated with the TV shows show up. I even tried removing and then re-adding the source to no avail. Interestingly enough, if I manually try to select a different thumb, it shows the thumbs availiable, but the pictures themselves do not show up. Heres a shot.

Thoughts?
Damn them for changing it - didn't recognise the set-up sorry - glad to hear you got it sorted though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Windows] TV Show, fanart and, episode thumbs disappear after updating to nightlys0