Win Digital Dvb c Live tv newbie questions
Hello,
i finally got digital cable television installed in my apartment and would love to watch live tv via my xbmc setup.
i read the how to ( http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...TV_in_XBMC ) but didnt really unstood it :/
Do i have to install a new software in order to watch live tv?
Which one is the easiest to setup? I installed mediaportal but in the tv server config i am only able to select analog dvb c signal which got a really bad quallity.
Do i have to install a new Xbmc Eden version? I dont want to lose my xbmc database.
My tv usb card is called "terratec cinergy htc usb xs". With the terratec software i am able to watch digital hd tv on my computer.

Would be great if someone could help me a little bit Smile
thanks!
Unfortunatelly i cant choose dvb-c in the media portal tv server configuration, only dvb-t and analog.
With the original Terratec software dvb-c channel scan is working without any problems.
In the Terratec software is written:

Hardware 2: Cinergy HTC USB XS Digital Tuner (DVB-C)
Device-ID: USB\VID_0CCD&PID_008E&REV_0100
Driverversion: 5.8.630.

Could anyone help me maybe please? Smile
I have the same card, I've used it in mediaportal tv-server but I had some problems. It does in fact work, but I think I had some issues with it crashing.

Now I use ForTheRecord and Argus tv-server (same bundle) FTR excellent scheduling options is a winner, I havn't seen anything like it, not even mythtv can compete I think (havn't used it in 7 years thou). Only thing poor about FTR is the conflict managment of livetv vs recordings.

Use Marcel xbmc build, it has everything you need for xbmc-pvr with MePo or FTR http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc

FTR is more pain to setup, but once done, it's a much better soultion for backend than mepo imo, much more complete backend solution. (I've been using MePo front/back for 7 years, until I switch to xbmc/FTR, so I have some idea)

Thank you very much for your answer! Smile
I installed Fortherecord an made a channel scan, he found about 200 channels but "channels & services" -> "Channels" is empty. problem solved Wink
Then i deinstalled my old XBMC version and installed the Marcel xbmc build.
But after i started it the first time shuts down instantly and removes the xbmc.exe out of my xbmc folder :/

I installed the "Update: 03-05-2012: XBMC v11.0 Eden PVR v2 Windows setup (github/margro/Eden-pvr PVR build)."
Is this the wrong one or did i do something incorrect? problem solved -> anti virus software Wink

But the live tv still seems to be very bugy. I hard can switch channels, xbmc is crashing all the time :/
I have 3 tuners, and the Cinergy HTC USB XS is picked last, so I can't really comment on stability of that one. But I did have it for first pick for some testing and I didn't notice any special stability issues or crashing, my linux client crash sometimes, but windows client is very rare.

On windows I have this problem where I sometimes have to click the channel 2 times to get it started, and sometimes zapping fails on a channel so I have to chose same channel again. But I'm not the traditional zapper that goes through all the channel to see whats on, I just use the EPG to see it there is something I want to watch.

you should check log for errors, and turn on debugging.
i turned on debug mode and checked the log file and this is the last entry befor crashing because of switch tv channel A to B:

17:23:33 T:6996 DEBUG: Thread Jobworker 6996 terminating (autodelete)

Befor that i got some errors in the logfile:

17:23:04 T:9848 ERROR: Got MSGQ_ABORT or MSGO_IS_ERROR return true (-1)

17:23:04 T:10092 ERROR: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - Error, could not open file pvr://channels/tv/All TV channels/56.pvr
17:23:04 T:10092 ERROR: Previous line repeats 9 times.
17:23:04 T:10092 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer

17:23:04 T:10092 ERROR: AddOnLog: ForTheRecord PVR client: TuneLiveStream result 1.
17:23:04 T:10092 ERROR: AddOnLog: ForTheRecord PVR client: Could not start the timeshift for channel 115 (2c2c2b8f-3fed-416f-968a-8f63ddf9fd97)
17:23:04 T:10092 ERROR: PVR - PVR::CPVRClients::SwitchChannel - cannot switch channel on client 2
17:23:04 T:10092 ERROR: PVRManager - PVR::CPVRManager:TongueerformChannelSwitch - failed to switch to channel 'ZDF HD'

17:22:57 T:5468 ERROR: ffmpeg[155C]: [mpeg2video] ac-tex damaged at 44 4
17:22:57 T:5468 ERROR: ffmpeg[155C]: [mpeg2video] Warning MVs not available

17:22:56 T:10092 ERROR: ffmpeg[276C]: [mpeg2video] mpeg_decode_postinit() failure
17:22:56 T:10092 ERROR: ffmpeg[276C]: [mpeg2video] ac-tex damaged at 44 4
17:22:56 T:10092 ERROR: ffmpeg[276C]: [mpeg2video] Warning MVs not available

I really have no idea what this means ^^ .. Does anybody? :/
Sorry, can't help you, you shuld maybe change thread title or make a new thread with the error report and your problem to see if it attracts the attention of a developer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Digital Dvb c Live tv newbie questions0