My impulse-purchase build for Unraid (Under $100 AR) [UPDATED]
Thanks for the pics. Looks like a good build.

Very nice! When my current Unraid Server (Dell Vostro 220 mini tower) runs out of space, I'll probably do something like this.
My Living Room Theater XBMC Mini-ITX Build
CASE: MI-100 - MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX - APU: A6-3500
Kingston 4GB 1600MHz - SanDisk 128GB SSD -- DVDRW
W7 HP - Kodi 15 - Confluence | ATV1 w/BCM970015 & Crystalbuntu in the BR
I have two of the Monoprice cards.... + this:

Koutech USB 2.0 Header-Pin to Dual
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6815201028

Good job!
I have a small header pin to single USB cable I used to put my flash drive inside the case, but, after upgrading and wanting to remove the flash drive to put some files on it and do some editiing, it just seemed like too much trouble so I got a tiny flash drive that doesn't stick out past the rear panel but can still easily be removed.
HTPC 1 - AMD A8-3870K, ASRock A75M, Silverstone ML03B, Kingston HyperX 4GB DDR3 1866, Crucial M4 64GB SSD
HTPC 2 - HP Stream Mini, 6GB Ram
unRAID 6 Server - Intel Celeron G1610, 20TB Storage

Hi Guys!
I haven't updated this for awhile.. so I just thought I should update it and show you guys what I've done with my unraid machine!

I started this build to be the cheapest build possible.. buying $15 mobo with $35 cpu.. and $30 case... but boy, I ended up making this a monster build lol

Here is the picture i took last night

It now has.. 1 x AOC-SASLP-MV8, 1 x Vertex 3 120 GB, 9 x HDD's (all different sizes)
I also added 2 of these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004IYJ...06_s02_i00

In the previous post, the case's very first external bay had reset button/usb ports/lights and all that, but i took that out. All I needed is power light + powerbutton anyway.
so that left me with 4 external bays.. that's why I went with that Vantec products. Instead of 4 hdd's in 3 bays, it'll let me put 6 hdds in 4 bays. Which works out for me.

Also, I wasn't sure if AOC-SASLP-MV8 would work with the board, but it actually does and it works very well. so if anyone's wondering, yes ECS H61H2-M2 works with AOC-SASLP-MV8

Now about the power, for a second there, I thought it may be weak.. but from what i tested, it spikes up to 190W in the boot and usually stays around 100W. Considering that CX 430 should be able to handle up to about 300W to 330W, I would say i am still safe with this power..

So here it is, My updated unraid server!

Now.. I just want to get 3 more hdd's just to fill up the case lol
ah crap. my case is dusty lol i should clean that up

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My impulse-purchase build for Unraid (Under $100 AR) [UPDATED]0