XBMC Picking up Zip/Rar files from user downloads directory?!?
Hi All

I`ve just installed xbmc for windows 7 for the first time and using the default confluence skin. I have setup 2 directories for videos and tvshows ie D:/videos and D:/TVshows. And for some reason when doing a scan for new content
under the videos section it seems to be scanning my user directory (d:\user\paul\downloads) and finding rar or zip files and crashing xbmc.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Check and edit if needed the source. Go into videos and hit the 'C' key to bring up the menu and choose an option to edit or remove source..
No problem with the sources , I tried deleting the movies library and started again with one directory. It works initially and then it starts looking in the root of my external drive and crashes with a zip file it finds.

This is my sources.xml content

<sources>
<programs>
<default pathversion="1"></default>
</programs>
<video>
<source>
<name>TVSHOWS</name>
<path pathversion="1">D:\TVSHOWS\</path>
<path pathversion="1">L:\TVSHOWS\</path>
</source>
<source>
<name>VIDEOS</name>
<path pathversion="1">D:\VIDEOS\</path>
</source>
</video>
<music>
</music>
<pictures>
</pictures>
<files>
</files>
</sources>

Well the issue doesn't appear to be your source.xml although I would be tempted to change the name "VIDEOS" to "Movies" clean-up, and refresh. If that doesn't do it for you, a proper debug might offer a hint, put your debug up on pastebin.com and provide a link in a message. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Picking up Zip/Rar files from user downloads directory?!?0