First HTPC-Need Opinions
Thanks everyone, i ordered it all...I'm excited to see how it works!
Alright, I finally have this thing up and running, the install went pretty smoothly besides installing windows on my 3tb hdd that already had all my media on it. I had partitioned 100gb of the drive for the OS, but when i went to install windows 7, It wouldn't let me use the partition because of the GPT format. So I ended up transferring everything to my external, wiping the hdd and then it installed fine. Another thing is that Windows7 can only have like 2000gig on the C drive, which left me will 700gigs floating unallocated. Thankfully my Asus Mobo came with disk unlock-er which gave me access to the rest as another partition.

Overall this build works flawlessly. Im very happy with the case, even though the power button is floppy. I was able to plug all 3 case fans into MOBO which was awesome, cant hear it in my entertainment center at all. As for the PSU, the 4pin cpu cable could have been a bit longer but it got the job done. I've been putting it to work the past couple days watching movies and XBMC is possibly the coolest thing I've seen in a while. It plays 1080p 7.1 DTSHD files without a problem. Although I have noticed the sound is a little weird on a few instances it seemed to amplify background sounds more than people talking in the foreground. I'm really glad I decided to do this and appreciate all the help from this forum!
(2012-06-13, 22:25)noobhtpc Wrote: It plays 1080p 7.1 DTSHD files without a problem. Although I have noticed the sound is a little weird on a few instances it seemed to amplify background sounds more than people talking in the foreground. I'm really glad I decided to do this and appreciate all the help from this forum!
Are you bitstreaming DTS-HD/TrueHD to AVR for decoding?

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-06-13, 22:47)bluray Wrote:
(2012-06-13, 22:25)noobhtpc Wrote: It plays 1080p 7.1 DTSHD files without a problem. Although I have noticed the sound is a little weird on a few instances it seemed to amplify background sounds more than people talking in the foreground. I'm really glad I decided to do this and appreciate all the help from this forum!

All i downloaded was the latest version of Eden, I havnt done anything with bitstreaming. But i do have hdmi from htpc to input on a capable reciever and it shows up as dts on the reciever readout.

I read your bitstreaming link but im confused...should i uninstall eden 11 and install HDAudio + Eden RC2 or HDAudio + Eden 11.0 final..whats the difference, which is better?
(2012-06-14, 00:00)noobhtpc Wrote:
(2012-06-13, 22:47)bluray Wrote:

All i downloaded was the latest version of Eden, I havnt done anything with bitstreaming. But i do have hdmi from htpc to input on a capable reciever and it shows up as dts on the reciever readout.

I read your bitstreaming link but im confused...should i uninstall eden 11 and install HDAudio + Eden RC2 or HDAudio + Eden 11.0 final..whats the difference, which is better?
It should be fine installing XBMC HD audio over XBMC 11.0, but I always prefer to install it fresh......it doesn't take very much time to un-install 11.0 and install new XBMC HD audio version either.....Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC.........

(2012-06-14, 03:58)bluray Wrote:
(2012-06-14, 00:00)noobhtpc Wrote:
(2012-06-13, 22:47)bluray Wrote: Are you bitstreaming DTS-HD/TrueHD to AVR for decoding?

It should be fine installing XBMC HD audio over XBMC 11.0, but I always prefer to install it fresh......it doesn't take very much time to un-install 11.0 and install new XBMC HD audio version either.....Windows How to Bitstreaming using XBMC.........

This made a huge huge huge difference, i knew it didnt sound right before..thanks a lot!

(2012-06-14, 04:25)noobhtpc Wrote: This made a huge huge huge difference, i knew it didnt sound right before..thanks a lot!
It's good to know that you are able to bitstream DTS-Hd/TrueHD now.......it's time to enjoy the movie......Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First HTPC-Need Opinions0