Video format or/and size
I recently updated to eden from a perfectly working/tweaked dharma version.

I noticed that some of my video files went missing so I dug up and found that big files, in .mkv, weren't displayed in the media library but also in files : when I browse to folders with mkv files of more than 8Go I only get an empty folder when I see the files in explorer and can play them succesfully with MPC-HC.

What's wrong here ?
Permissions most likely, but really we're guessing here without more details. What filesharing protocol are you using for instance?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Permissions Huh Well, I don't see why and how as in my previous Dharma version, everything was ok. My movie source is a local disk in my desktop, I didn't made no change at all on that disk as it is full and set.

For example, I had a movie set for X-men. After the eden update some of my sets got broken and titles missing then when I browse to this folder in explorer I can see the files
but in xbmc..

I thought that the size was the culprit but looking more into it, I found that some movies (8Go) are shown when others (5.8Go) doesn't... !?!?

I'm just pissed by this update as I was in the Dharma and the mess of setting the sets and I'm more and more thinking that they might be the reason of this ! Unfortunately I'll have to crawl through 4To of files to find out, eventually....
Hide watched is enabled?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Wahhh.... We have a REAL winner !!!!

That option was indeed enabled (I don't remember enabling it by the way) and disabling it brought back the missing videos even if I don't understand why they weren't displayed when browsing files for the library !
Sounds like a bug to me, as hiding videos in media view is one thing, not displaying them in browsing mode through library/add source is something else....

What I don't understant also is that I was using the carmichael skin which doesn't offer that option.... Either I enabled it the first time I installed xbmc (but I didn't had this issue by the past) or it did enabled itself upon eden update...

Anyway mister, big thank to you !!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video format or/and size0