Random Crashing on Nightly Git Compile - Please help diagnose
(2012-06-07, 08:51)john.doe Wrote: I don't understand how it ran fine on OS X but that's more acceptable then, and I'm also still sorry about how rude I was yesterday.

hehe, not at all... people are ungrateful and rude all the time, no harm done
Hehe, I know. Contributing to open source projects is a thankless job. I've worked on the Linux kernel and many other components of Linux, Gnome and Wine and it's hard to keep churning code while oblivious users keep bitching about user-errors and usually never being thankful, but also very rewarding to have helped the greater common good. My gratitude to everyone involved with XBMC.

PS: You said you had seen my name before; well, this is a shared account (bugmenot.com/view/forum.xbmc.org), and while most people post intelligently using it, there are some real idiots (I checked through the post history of this account and like 10% was just... wow...). We've never met before, but you may have met this account, hehe. I've only been on this account for the last day or so (http://forum.xbmc.org/search.php?action=...&uid=73446). The posts from 2012-06-05 to now are mine.
I have no problem with folk utilising bugmenot logins for one off stuff, but if you wish to stick around, I'd kindly ask that you get a forum login that's your own - that way we don't accidentally lump you in with some other moron.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-06-07, 09:19)jmarshall Wrote: I have no problem with folk utilising bugmenot logins for one off stuff, but if you wish to stick around, I'd kindly ask that you get a forum login that's your own - that way we don't accidentally lump you in with some other moron.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Yeah of course, hehe, this was just for a bit of one-off stuff. I don't want to clutter up both my email and the user database of sites just for some quick discussions. Limited time means I don't have time to hang around permanently anywhere these days. I barely even have time to watch anything on the family HTPC. Rofl

Anyway thanks again to everybody involved. I've got to head out now - physically (as well as from the board) - time to get a haircut. Cool Hippie ponytail to near buzz cut, here I come.
Just reporting back about the original problem this thread was started for. I hate it when you can't confirm a problem is resolved. Most people don't seem to report back when everything goes well, just when it goes bad. Thank you very much to everybody that helped, confirmed, tracked down, and fixed the problem. I far as I can tell as of commit 5f561f7 the crashing is completely fixed on my system.
Thx for letting us know, and sorry for the bit if issues there Smile
Btw, the python api is a bitch, it's not the first time we got it wrong, and when you do you get really strange crashes, and the cause is not obvious.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random Crashing on Nightly Git Compile - Please help diagnose0