With the New AudioEngine HD Audio Announcement, can it be done on XBMCBuntu now??`
I'm confused, is there a guide somewhere for us XBMCBuntu guys on how to update for HD Audio, or is it a Windows only thing? I can't find any info for Linux....
AudioEngine should work on Linux as well, no clue if there are binaries for Linux provided though. You surely can already build it (and I'm pretty sure someone will build it for Ubuntu if someone hasn't done so already).
* MikroTik RB5009UG+S+IN :: ZyXEL GS1900-8HP v1 :: EAP615-Wall v1 :: Netgear GS108T v3 running OpenWrt 23.05
* LibreELEC 11:  HTPC Gigabyte Brix GB-BXA8-5545 with CEC adapter, Sony XR-64A84K :: Desktop AMD Ryzen 7 5800X / Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon 6700XT  / 27" Dell U2717D QHD
* Debian Bookworm x86_64: Celeron G1610, NFS/MariaDB/ZFS server
* Blog
You can try using this PPA to upgrade to nightlies which include AE

https://launchpad.net/~nathan-renniewald...mc-nightly

There is no "official" way to upgrade to AE, except to compile nightlies yourself. Until they rebuild XBMCbuntu with a new ISO, there was a delay with the release of eden before XBMCbuntu was officially available... So I guess the same goes for the monthlies... Or because AE is a frodo (XBMC 12?) feature, it could be possible that XBMCbuntu is never officially updated.

I am using an openelec build based off of XBMC nighties that include AE... Audio pretty much worked right out of the box (I did have to setup audio in "system" but didn't have to do the aplay -l and custom setting stuff for either bitstreaming OR menu sounds. Everything just worked, as a matter of fact AE even listed my receiver in the audio options so it was even easy to find/set.
Dandirk,

thanks for the 411 so If I have never done it before, would you suggest I not mess with my perfectly running install? I'd like to get AE in to have HD-Audio, so maybe I'll have to wait for an ISO to be built or a guide to be put up on the best way to move forward.
The above ppa does not seem to work without pulseaudio and that is not included in xbmcbuntu.
No problem to add that, but I would consider that messing with your perfect setup.

Try with a CD/USB for now. That is what I am doing. I only had a few minutes to test and could not get the sound to work over HDMI.
The HDMI is connected to a very basic lcd so I disabled all capabilities with no sucess, but I think I should have tried analog.

EDIT: tested on my laptop and analog sound works fine.

I made an iso for testing Same as current xbmcbuntu + pulse + above ppa
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17892827/big/xbm...120606.iso
I used that iso to build a VM which i have running just for library updates and it works fine for me, on a side note, how would i go updating your iso to latest nightly?
The iso or your vm?
The vm is just sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc.bin

The iso....It is normally very easy to build.
Just download the xbmcbuntu Eden branch from github and run build.sh
The problem now is that the nathan* ppa needs pulseaudio and the build fails on libshairport1‏ that is missing in the ppa.
I had to add team-xbmc on top of it all.
I would have to upload my hack version to github. I can do that during the weekend.

Personally I am more interesting to get the monthlies.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
With the New AudioEngine HD Audio Announcement, can it be done on XBMCBuntu now??`0