[MAC] How to get Frodo to remember the thumbnails that were used in Eden?
Hi,

I just downloaded and started to use the May monthly build of Frodo alpha 2. What I noticed is that when I go through my video entries in files mode, Frodo is, in most cases, not using the same thumbnails I had picked when I was using Eden. I even tried to import in Frodo, a single file I had exported in Eden, and Frodo still does not remember what thumbnails I picked when I was using Eden. How do I get Frodo to use the same thumbnails that I picked when I was using Eden other than having to pick all the thumbnails all over again for all my video entries in my video library?

Thanks.
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
The only way is by exporting your library from Eden. If you export to separate files, then your chosen art will be alongside your media. This has pluses and minuses (the main minus being that it exports .nfo files which contain information that dates (eg ratings, where to fetch art from)). If you export to a single file/folder database structure, then your art will be in separate folders (so you'll be able to find them easily enough) but you'll need to pick them one by one nonetheless.

It should apply only to thumbs that you've picked from the web over the first thumb - there was no information at all available as to which thumb you'd previously chosen in Eden (Fanart there was some info, though only if you chose an online image - if you'd picked a local one we don't know what it was). In Frodo we store this information, so this issue will not occur again.

Note that there's a script that Martijn is working on that will enable you to choose the highest rated image by default rather than whatever XBMC chooses (the first one most likely) - not sure if these are any different or not - it would depend on what the APIs give us.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

winstock, you can find a lot more information on the internals of why this change took place if you check this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=133217

It basically has to do with having added content to the library before TMDb changed all their image URLs.

I've also written about the various solutions there are.
Sorry, my initial comments were not accurate..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] How to get Frodo to remember the thumbnails that were used in Eden?0