tvdb for two languages
It's possible to have different show names and descriptions in different languages in the tvdb.org. But tvdb scraper allows only one language which can be used. Is it possible to change that so there will be at least one additional language option like there is for subtitles add-on? Idea is that scraper tries to get information for primary selected language but if that can not be found it should use secondary language.
+1
+1
Or everyone just fills in the blanks for their own language on TVDB....

It's an open community so it would be great if everyone just does his little contribution
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@Martijn

A big collection cannot be filled with addition description info easily.
Ripping CDs is easy - just set the PC and go do what you have to do, but filling info is time consuming. So this option would be a nice addition.
(2012-06-10, 13:09)Martijn Wrote: Or everyone just fills in the blanks for their own language on TVDB....

It's an open community so it would be great if everyone just does his little contribution

Problem is that I'd like to see UK series description as English and my home country series as Finnish. That is not possible currently.
Let me add that some productions are released in just a few countries. TMDB is bounding the release date with the certification so i have come up with some false date in order to get a rating.
Any news about this? I have some swedish releases, and since they don't exist in any other language it would be bad to add english translations to thtvdb. Now i change settings for the folder every time i need to get a swedish result. But it would be nice with a second language selection.
(2012-09-09, 21:42)raptorjr Wrote: Any news about this? I have some swedish releases, and since they don't exist in any other language it would be bad to add english translations to thtvdb. Now i change settings for the folder every time i need to get a swedish result. But it would be nice with a second language selection.
Is there any way to get this change implemented. Who selects changes for this plugin?
It is a very theoretical question until there is no patch for this feature.
(btw - from my side I simple don't get what this is all about, but that's probably my English)
Does setting up separate sources for the different languages work? One folder for English (tvdb scraper set one way), another folder for Finnish with the tvdb scraper set to that language.
(2012-10-22, 23:00)live4ever Wrote: Does setting up separate sources for the different languages work? One folder for English (tvdb scraper set one way), another folder for Finnish with the tvdb scraper set to that language.

no. only having separate profiles
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
+1
(2012-10-22, 22:48)olympia Wrote: It is a very theoretical question until there is no patch for this feature.
(btw - from my side I simple don't get what this is all about, but that's probably my English)

Sorry I don't understand this. You mean that nobody is developing this feature anymore? And that's why new functionality is not possible?
I'll +1 this also. I'm watching shows in three different languages, and just as with the subs, this could be a really neat option. It makes no sense to have a German or Danish show described in English anyways.

EDIT: Just found out, that you actually can do this already. If you use the file browser in XBMC and go to the show you'd like to be scraped in another language, you can right click it and choose change content. Choose settings for the scraper and change the language to the desired one and click ok. After this, go to tv-shows (not the files menu) and remove the show from list. I then quit the app, open it again and update the library. All is now in the correct language Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
tvdb for two languages1