Syncronised database, Multiple profiles..
Hi Guys,

I wonder if someone can shed some light on something for me.

I have a number of XBMC installs around my house, all using the same MySQL database (using an AdvancedSettings.xml) hosted on my server, this has been working fine for a long time and I have had no issues until now..

All but one of my system uses only the master profile, yesterday I created a new profile on the system in my lounge, called kids, and set it as a fresh profile and to have separate databases, this is where I see the issue.

On initial login to the new profile, all "media" from my hosted db is listed and visible, even though the sources are not set for that profile, I assumed that being a new profile (in a separate folder to the master profile) that the database would be separate, and wouldn't use the hosted central db. I added a new source on the new profile for the kids drive, and it scanned and added all the files to the original hosted db, I didn't want this, I wanted it to create a db locally and use that...

so master profile connect to and use my remote MySQL server, and the Kids profile to connect and use a local database file in its profile folder..

is this not possible? I would have thought it would be, but can't seem to work out how to do it, or why my current setup doesn't already accomplish this..

thanks for taking the time to look at this and post an update if you have any ideas.

Karl
Where's your advancedsettings.xml file located?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=126676
My masterprofile and advancedsettings.xml file are located in the userdata folder, then i have a profiles/kids/ folder within there (userdata/profiles/kids/) so i assumed that the advancedsettings.xml file would not become "active" for the kids profile..

it looks like i would need to put one in each "profile" folder, though how do i define NOT to use MySQL for the kids user? just put an advancedsettings.xml file in that folder that doesn't specify the MySQL change?

not at home so can't try it at the moment, would be nice to have info to just fix when i get home..

tahnks for your input Live4ever.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Syncronised database, Multiple profiles..0