Thumbnails gone sideways
All,

So after having This problem with my Eden install, I just decided to wipe that partition and start again.

I did the same procedure I did when I upgraded from dharma, that is, did a fresh install onto a formatted partition and copied over the relevant advancedsettings.xml file that points to my MySQL database on the server. Weirdly, when I started up again, all my movie and tv show thumbnails were completely jacked. Specifically, almost all the movie posters are now squished up frames pulled from inside the movies instead of the local (movie name).jpg. If I play the movie, the poster fixes itself, and if I manually go in and select the local thumb, it works fine. All the fan art is fine too.

Is this a problem I can fix without nuking the database? Can I just delete the thumbnails folder and have it recopy everything from the server?

Thanks!
Have you tried searching the many many many SQL threads that are on the forum....
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Yes.

Perhaps I should be more clear. I understand where thumbnails are stored. I am not trying to do anything fancy with path substitution. But I was under the impression that xbmc, when presented with a local thumb, would download it locally and rename it something unintelligible and be done with it. Not extract a tbn from a movie and replace it when it played.

If you have a better search string for me to use, or know perhaps of a wiki entry on the subject of an entire thumbnails folder borked like this, please let me know, but all I do now is read the many many many MySQL threads that are on the forum, and I have not found an answer.
If your thumbs are with the folders as exported thumbs, why not use a local quite scrape?
"movie name.jpg" won't work you need to use "movie name.tbn"
@live4ever, sorry, they are *.tbn, I misspoke.

@PatK, I'm not 100% sure how to do just that. I have tried going into file view and editing the source, changing the content to scan, but it won't give me the "do you wish to refresh all items in this path" question. I also read something about an advancedsettings entry that disables the thumbnail portion of the extract thumbnails and video info, but how would I invoke that such that it would change the thumbnails currently set?

Perhaps(for sure) I am missing something. I have tried deleting/renaming textures6.db, didn't work. What if I deleted/renamed the Thumbnails folder on the XBMC machine? Would it then go grab all the thumbs again? I am stuck at this point, and exporting the database from my Dharma partition to facilitate another either database wipe or partition wipe and start over (nuclear option). If I were to do the former, that is, drop database the MyVideos from mySQL and clean the library, what happens to the thumbnails folder that's already there?

So many questions for you all, thanks so much for helping!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumbnails gone sideways0