RC6 MCE Remote Codes query...
Question 
Hi Folks,

I'm in the middle of my first XBMC build (XBMCbuntu on an ASRock A75M-ITX, 4G ram and 32G sdd). I have an Intel CIR mounted in the box and a "bodged" cable described elsewhere in the forums connecting it to the CIR port on the motherboard.

So far so good - dropping down to a root prompt I can see the ir device in dmesg and playing with ir-keytable -c -p RC-6 -t I can see MSC events generating scancodes, but here's the nub of my perplexity...

I'm planning on using my Pronto RU970 to control the system - in fact I'm using it to test at the moment, I can generate absolutly any RC-6 code I like which is echoed by ir-keytable but I don't actually own an MCE Remote of any description to base the codes on!

I'm wondering it there is a standard(ish) set of RC-6 codes generated by MCE remotes that I can base both my Pronto design and keytable around rather than building something from scratch that is totally incompatible with the rest of the world...

I've googled my fingers off over the last few days, even places like Remote Central haven't been much help - is there some kind soul who can enlighten me please, all I seem to be able to find is stuff telling me that I can use lirc and/or ir-keytables and this is how to test and fault-find but nowhere can I find a list of remote button labels and codes.

I've also tried poking around in the Ubuntu keymap files, but that just leaves me even more confused Confused none of the files I've look at (probably the wrong ones!) appear to be a complete set of codes.

Any help/advice greatfully received...

Couch

Perhaps something like this?

http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/microsoft/Xbox_MCE
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
Hi Irusak,

Thanks for the quick reply - any thoughts on the coloured buttons (Red, Yellow, Blue, Green)?

Couch
Mmmm...

Looking at the file, I'm not sure the codes are RC-6. I was under the impression that RC-6 supported 256 devices with 256 codes per device, which results in a 16 bit code. the codes in http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/microsoft/Xbox_MCE are 24 bit.

Am I missing something?

Couch

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RC6 MCE Remote Codes query...0