'Play From Here' inconsistently not working...am I the only one?
I have (on two platforms but both using same library/shares) - inconsistent behaviour with 'play from here' in files view.

I have 'Peppa Pig' for my daughter - 50 episodes a season or so, each is about 5 mins long, so I want to use 'play from here' to stop the endless requests for more.

However, I find it only works on some of the file, not others - can't see any rhyme or reason to it, really.

Can others maybe quickly try, in files view, to see if 'play from here' is always available with longer lists of files (try a bunch of files in the same folder - I see it available on some, but not others).

I think it's a general bug, but there's no real debug log info about the context menu contents so it's hard to be sure.

Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Hi all,

I also have the same problem. "Play from here" item works randomly in files view. Sometimes it works and sometimes not, very odd behaviour.
I have commented on the original feature request:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12604

....hopefully this gets some attention although this doesn't change the status from closed, so I may need to open a new ticket.
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Every so often I've seen the option not show up for me in the contextual menu, then scroll to the next episode, bring up the contextual menu again, and the option is there. I wonder if that's related at all. I'll have to keep an eye out to see if that happens again, or the issue you guys are describing here.
Yep that's it
The only restriction from the code is that the item has a videoinfotag (not sure why) and that it's not a plugin list with a custom context menu and isn't a folder item, and that there's more than one item in the folder and you're not on the last item.

Perhaps it's the lack of a videoinfotag? If so, you might not see it if you bring up the context menu in a non-library list on an item without any info (resume for example) being set?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yeah that sounds right to me - (nice google translate of the IF statement there jmarshall Wink - I am guessing it comes up on files that have been previously manually started (or scanned) but not on ones that haven't been touched yet - which is the most likely use case.

Does this mean you are going to throw your mighty brain at the issue maybe? I could hack out that part of the IF but by the time I pull the latest source code, change it, test it, PR it etc etc. ... I am pretty nicely set up for doing addons now but I've only one tiny xbmc PR and I'm not very confident with it....

I should think the only thing that needs doing is removing the check for the videoinfotag - I don't see why that's necessary, as I don't believe any of the code that kicks in after that relies on it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Cool thanks jmarshall, look forward to seeing it in a nightly sometime Smile
Ok I went ahead and did a pull request of my own - might as well brush off those (non-existant!) git skills!

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1143

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'Play From Here' inconsistently not working...am I the only one?0