Ungroup certain movie sets?
Hi,

Just wondering if it's possible to ungroup certain movie sets. I'm generally happy with the grouping of movies, but I don't really want a Stephen King collection for example.
Would this be skin specific or more a general feature of XBMC?

Thanks
The only way is to ungroup them by removing the set attribute via a .nfo file or similar.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

+1 on not wanting the Stephen King set.

I tried creating .nfo files for each of the Stephen King movies using a mix of XML and URL, having a single xml entry for <set> with null value and then the relevant imdb url. Unfortunately, however, this doesn't work, I believe because it still scrapes TMDB and then appends xml entries in .nfo files.

I finally decided to export the library as a single file and then edit the videodb.xml file to remove the <set> entries for all Stephen King entries. Importing the edited videodb.xml file removes the movies from the set.

You could also export the library as separate files (which will drop .nfo files for each movie into the same directory as the corresponding movie files) and then edit the individual .nfo files for each movie removing the <set> xml entry. This wasn't an option for me as I'm on a mac and my movies are on external NTFS drives Tongue However, it's probably the easiest/quickest fix.

You could also manually build complete .nfo files for each movie in the Stephen King set as previously suggested.

One other option is to go delete the set in TMDB Big Grin - I was very tempted to do so (or at least report) as it's not really a true set imho.
I deleted all the movies from the "Stephen King Collection" on themoviedb.org
This kind of grouping isn't allowed and put a warning in the the collection that they should not add movie anymore.

If you want a day or 2 and then do a refresh or remove all the movie from that collection it shouldn't show up anymore
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Will try to get a how-to or something for this on the wiki up in the next few days. Ever since we started to include sets info in default scraping info, this question pops up a lot. If anyone has any specific pointers or existing how-to's, feel free to mention them here or PM me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ungroup certain movie sets?0