OS X Volume mutes itself when watching quiet scenes of movies / TV shows
Music 
Hi all!

I'm experiencing a pretty weird issue with XBMC 11 and my Mac mini when watching movies and TV shows.

Every once in a while, especially during a very quiet scene, the volume will basically "mute" itself, and will come back at some point the next time there is music, voices, etc.

I'm running a 2006 Mac mini running 10.6.8 and XBMC 11, and it's connected using a Jack cable to the audio input of my TV.

The issue doesn't appear when listening to music (via Airplay through XBMC), even when it gets quiet in the song. No issue as well outside of XBMC.

Any input? :-)
known issue in eden - already fixed in the nightlys and frodo alphas
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I figured I couldn't be the only one but couldn't find anything on the issue, wrong keywords I guess :-)

Thanks for the quick reply!
The others described it as a compression problem (audio compression). Thats the keyword i guess Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Seeing as I have the same issue with the latest Nightly and start to have the same issue with Plex, movist and Quicktime too, I think my TV is sort of screwed up...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Volume mutes itself when watching quiet scenes of movies / TV shows0