TV Shows... noway to add them???
Issue: I was glad to see "TV SHOWS" and "TV GUIDE" show up on my header. How ever, for the life of me, I can not find a way to add my collection source to either one. I was able to to ad my tv shows source to the "video" section. What am I missing here?

If TV Shows (and TV Guide) appears on your home screen, that means that at least one episode from one show has been added. Therefore, when you open TV Shows, you must, at the very least, be able to see that episode. What do you see when press on the "TV Shows" button?
(2012-06-08, 04:03)Astro2004 Wrote: Issue: I was glad to see "TV SHOWS" and "TV GUIDE" show up on my header. How ever, for the life of me, I can not find a way to add my collection source to either one. I was able to to ad my tv shows source to the "video" section. What am I missing here?

Once you add your source. Go to the movies menu item, hit down, then scroll to update. That should update all your sources - both film and TV Shows.

I had to change the folder tre to E:Tv Shows/....

E:Tv Shows/Two and a half men/season 9

However I still have something wrong. When it is set to just E:tv Shows it does not see the seasons or episodes.

(2012-06-08, 22:40)Astro2004 Wrote: I had to change the folder tre to E:Tv Shows/....

However I still have something wrong. When it is set to just E:tv Shows it does not see the seasons or episodes.

That's a bit unusual. How are you adding the source?

When it's selected as TV Show, it is considered recursive I believe.

That said, assuming the above is correct - there might be a problem with your directory structure.

I've had things not properly add, when I first started this, because my organisation was poor.

Do you have it like this?

E:\TV Shows\Two and Half Men\Season 1\s1e1.mkv

Probably best described here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...s/TV_shows

Try deleting and re-adding your source, only make sure the "scan recursively" option is activated. And I hope you're not using a nightly!

EDIT: Crappy advice, as the following post mentions, there is no such option for TV Shows scrapping.
(2012-06-08, 23:22)CutSickAss Wrote: Try deleting and re-adding your source, only make sure the "scan recursively" option is activated. And I hope you're not using a nightly!

I don't think that when adding sources for TV Shows you are given a 'scan recursively' option, rather it is just assumed that's what you want to do.
(2012-06-09, 00:56)fional Wrote:
(2012-06-08, 23:22)CutSickAss Wrote: Try deleting and re-adding your source, only make sure the "scan recursively" option is activated. And I hope you're not using a nightly!

I don't think that when adding sources for TV Shows you are given a 'scan recursively' option, rather it is just assumed that's what you want to do.

correct. make sure that you do not have "Selected Folder contains a single TV Show" activated.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2012-06-08, 22:56)fional Wrote:
(2012-06-08, 22:40)Astro2004 Wrote: I had to change the folder tre to E:Tv Shows/....

That's a bit unusual. How are you adding the source?

When it's selected as TV Show, it is considered recursive I believe.

That said, assuming the above is correct - there might be a problem with your directory structure.

I've had things not properly add, when I first started this, because my organisation was poor.
Do you have it like this?

E:\TV Shows\Two and Half Men\Season 1\s1e1.mkv

Probably best described here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...s/TV_shows
Thanks for all of the replies. I will try everything and report back!

I had to add the source via the video tab. There was/is noway to add it via TV Shows. From the video section, I select the source path. E:/Tv Show (no s.... maybe the problem?) I'm prompted to choose what is in the folder (movies, music, Tv shows.) I select TV shows. It does find the show folders. What its not doing is showing anything beyond that point. I haveto go into video, select files, select the show, select the season, and then select the episode.

I have NO doubt it's something with the folder structure. I'm missing something .. just been at it too long and making mistakes... LOL!
(2012-06-09, 00:59)phil65 Wrote:
(2012-06-09, 00:56)fional Wrote:

correct. make sure that you do not have "Selected Folder contains a single TV Show" activated.

It's not. I did notice that some of the show folders folders contain an actor folder. Should I strip down the folders to nothing nore than the video files?
Also on a side note, the movies are not updating the latest 3 I added. The only difference I know of is in the video type. These are xvid files.
Ok I have rebooted, deleted the source and added it bck, I have renamed the source to tv shows from tv show. Readded the source. nothing seems to work. I have tried clickeing on the update. nothing.

at a loss
After adding your source you've set content to tvshows and choosen tvdb scraper?
I have. It strange, Awake shows all 13 episodes, Game of thrones only 1. It shows Two and a half men, but no episodes in the season folder. All of my trees look exaclty like this

E:/Tv Shows (this is what I directed XBMC to)

E:/Tv shows/Awake/Season 1 (has 13 episodes All Showing up)
E:/Tv shows/Game of Thrones/Season 2 (has 13 episodes ONE showing up)
E:/Tv shows/Two and a Half men/ Season 9 (has 24 episodes in it and NONE show up)

The art work shows up for the tv show folder ie Two and a half men has the art work on the dvdv case... there just nothing in it!

However, a reinstall of XBMC and adding back this skin fixed the movie issue.
Ok, so i may think you should rename it this way:

Example:

Game of Thrones
-Season1 (not season 1)
--S01E01.avi, S01E02.avi, S01E03.avi etc.

After that refresh tv show Game of thrones.

One really far-fetched theory: is it possible you might have accidentally selected from the Media Menu to only show the Watched or Unwatched episodes?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows... noway to add them???0