Win Loud Pop when XMBC moves to next music track
When I cue up some music tracks to play, I get a loud POP when XMBC finishes one and skips to the next. At first I thought it might be the Windows HD bitstreaming build of XBMC I was using (I enjoy listening to HD music and love DanielA bitstreaming build), but I tried playing them with the release build of Eden and I get the same thing. These are 5.1 Surround .wav tracks that I'm playing from a Windows box (Zotac AMD AD10) over HDMI to a Pioneer SC-57 AVR, using the AMD WASAPI drivers.

If I manually skip between tracks using my remote, no loud pop occurs. These HiRes tracks were purchased and downloaded from various HD download sites (HDTracks, iTrax, etc).

Can anyone help diagnose what the problem may be?

System: Boot Camped Mac Mini (Late 2014) with Intel Iris Graphics 5100 iGPU, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD - Synology 1513+ 30TB NAS - Pioneer Elite SC-57 AVR - Sharp Elite PRO-70X5FD LCD - Canton CD 300 5.1 Surround Speakers
Bump...

I've completely uninstalled XMBC (and deleted data directory) and reinstalled current Eden Release version. Same thing. It's quite annoying actually.

Just for fun I tried a nightly AE build, and it seems to have fixed it, but then I've noticed audio drops and such so don't want to go with it until it's a bit more polished.

Anyone have any ideas?
System: Boot Camped Mac Mini (Late 2014) with Intel Iris Graphics 5100 iGPU, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD - Synology 1513+ 30TB NAS - Pioneer Elite SC-57 AVR - Sharp Elite PRO-70X5FD LCD - Canton CD 300 5.1 Surround Speakers
Being able to turn on crossfade fixes this issue for me, but I need to be able to use my WASAPI playback device, and then crossfade becomes disabled. Is there another way around this?
Not sure anyone's supporting or developing for the old audio system, so if it's a bug there it may or may not get fixed.

I'm a developer for AE, so if you do try that again I can probably help you with any issues you may have had with it.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-08-29, 21:43)DDDamian Wrote: Not sure anyone's supporting or developing for the old audio system, so if it's a bug there it may or may not get fixed.

I'm a developer for AE, so if you do try that again I can probably help you with any issues you may have had with it.

I don't mind giving the new AE build another try. Can you recommend a fairly stable build that I should download and use? I can try the very latest nightly, or should I go back to the July 31 build?

Always best to get the newest possible - more likely to have fixes in, and easier for us to debug if /when yu find issues.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-08-29, 22:41)DDDamian Wrote: Always best to get the newest possible - more likely to have fixes in, and easier for us to debug if /when yu find issues.

So I installed the latest nightly (at the time) and it appears to have corrected the loud popping issue when changing tracks, so that's good news. I have noticed a few issues tho, and will report them in the dev forum after I search it to see if they've already been reported Wink

Dave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Loud Pop when XMBC moves to next music track0