Is XMBC [Win] my only real option for this?
So I have been running XMBC Live (Dharma flavor right now) for a while now, but I wanted to automate some processes to grab some shows. Seems the general consensus is Sabnzbd, Sick Beard, TED, etc are the standard tools to use. However I am not seeing a path to have this on a XBMCLive or XBMCUbuntu side.

Is my only real option here is to convert my XBMC Live box over to a Windows box?
Why do you don't see the "path" to have this on XBMCLive or Ubuntu?
I have not seen where I can setup a "subscription" for automatic download of a program, extraction, and then folder creation and moving to the right destination all native to XBMC Live.

If I am missing something I am all ears. Smile
I am guessing you do not see that on windows either before you set it up?
On linux is it is pretty much the same. You install sickbeard and then you can set up a subscription.
You realise that all of these software run with python and they don't have a GUI. You start them as a daemon and visit heir URL. Something like -> http://localhost:8081/ with you desktop/laptop. All of these can(its not a must) installed/run via SSH.
I do realize that sickbeard, sabnbdbz and coutch potato are supposed to be available, however when following the guides out there downloads faile, which lead me to believe that they might have stopped supporting xmbclive (lots of 404 / files not found errors).

I don't know where you got your guides. You should download the source ".zip or .tar" compile it yourself and install it afterward. If you feel you are going to straggler doing it, feel free to send me a private message with your skype or something so I can help you.
Ok. That is not correct.
EDIT: I mean it works fine on live and xbmcbuntu
yea +1 I use couchpotato, sickbeard, and headphones daily. works great.

Will say couchpotato v2 is on my nerves currently though Tongue
last time i checked/used v2, i was no very happy, lots of thing were still not working properly

EDIT: use v2, v1 is not supported anymore
Just as alternative, use a torrent client with a rss downloader.

Add the feed from ezrss in uTorrent for example.

Set as filter (Note! This is not a "search" like with newsservers, but will only grab what has just been posted)
Code:
/The.Big.Bang.Theory.6x.*.HDTV./i
As exclude
Code:
/(DVDR|Complete|DVDRip|BDrip|Bluray|720p|Season)/i

And then the directory, ratio, channel, ect.

Or if the episode name comes before season (The little extra * before the season):
Code:
/MythBusters.*.10x.*.HDTV./i
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Apparently my problem was a mess up installation of Dharma. Installed a clean installation of Eden and I got SABnzbd, CouchPotato, and Sick Beard installed with no problem. Smile
Have you checked out the OpenELEC project?

It has a number (if not all) of the applications/tools you are after included... And you can use the OpenELEC Maraschino addon to manage the tools, etc...

Enjoy!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is XMBC [Win] my only real option for this?0