Collection Within a Collection
Is there a way to have a collection within a collection? Here is my situation: I have the Die Hard movie series along with extras so here is my folder structure:

Movies\Die Hard\Die Hard.mkv (including NFO with "Die Hard Collection" added in <set> field)
Movies\Die Hard2\Die Hard 2.mkv (including NFO with "Die Hard Collection" added in <set> field)
Movies\Die Hard Extras\Making of Die Hard.mkv
Movies\Die Hard Extras\Die Hard Behind the scenes.mkv

How can I get the "Die Hard Extras" folder to appear within the Die Hard collection, and then be able to enter that extras folder to have access to all of those files? Is this even possible?
Don't know if I'm missing something here but can't you just add a nfo to the two extras with the <set> "Die Hard Collection" </set> info Huh?
That should work - I think Huh?

The Skipman
Tried that, but instead of having a Folder that opened to the extras within the Die Hard collection, it just put all of the individual extra files among the other Die Hard movies. Still not able to group the extras together within it's own folder within the collection.
Sorry didn't read this right :-( - and then be able to enter that extras folder to have access to all of those files?
Don't think that works......
Actually, my mistake on the first post, the extra's tree looks like this:

Movies\Die Hard Extras\Making of Die Hard\Making of Die Hard.mkv
Movies\Die Hard Extras\Die Hard Behind the scenes\Die Hard Behind the scenes.mkv

Each extra has it's own folder within "Die Hard Extras" so I could add a folder.png and it's own NFO. I tested putting "Die Hard Collection" in the <set> field and it did what I described above- placed the file among the other Die Hard movies, not within "Die Hard Extras" folder. Actually, there wasn't even a "Die Hard Extras" folder at all listed within "Die Hard Collection."

If I left the <set> field blank, it would but the extra file outside of the "Die Hard collection" and it would be listed in the general movie list.
What might work for you as a go around is to sort the extras at the end of your movies, using the <sort> tag.
That way your movies will be sorted 1...4 and then the extras Huh
True, that's what I plan on using as a last resort.

Perhaps a better way to explain what I am trying to do is similar to how you can set up TV Shows with "Specials" or "Season 00" folders- when you go into your TV show, each season is listed separately with the episodes within them, as well as a separate Specials folders for all the extras. I figured if TV Shows can do it, maybe it's possible to have something similar in "Movies" as well. But, looks like it's a different system.
I'm not sure if that works - still on the bottom end of the learning curve myself ;-)
I did read something about stacking movies some where in the threads - don't know if it will help Huh
Good luck anyway - XBMC rocks anyway you look at it :-)
Looks like there is no way to do what I was trying. Just going to add the xtras to the end of the list of movies within a collection.
You can try this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=131524
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Collection Within a Collection0