Cheap Apple TV 2?
Where can I find an Apple TV 2 for cheaper than a $100? Ebay is such a rip off! They are all almost double the price of the New Apple TV 3!

Or does someone have one for sale?
Good luck finding an ATV2 cheaper then an ATV3.

Since a jailbreak for ATV3 is not on the horizon, supply and demand will only raise the prices of ATV2.
check craigslist out
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
I have been emailing on craigslist like crazy but all sub $100 aTV2's don't email back or are really flaky! I want one so bad especially now with 5.1.1 Jailbreak!
if you can hold out for another month... there might be.. other options out there..
(2012-05-31, 01:41)Ned Scott Wrote: if you can hold out for another month... there might be.. other options out there..

Say what?! What does that mean? Jailbreak for AppleTV 3.0?
Nope, but very soon they will be launching a low power XBMC box that's roughly the same size as an ATV2/3. You can view an Android branded version here. It will feature the same hardware, but instead of running Android, it will be a Linux powered solution that boots straight into XBMC. It will likely retail for around $110.
(2012-05-31, 23:26)maruchan Wrote: Nope, but very soon they will be launching a low power XBMC box that's roughly the same size as an ATV2/3. You can view an Android branded version here. It will feature the same hardware, but instead of running Android, it will be a Linux powered solution that boots straight into XBMC. It will likely retail for around $110.

As long as it can play all of my 1080p and at least passthrough dts/dd 5.1, then I want one!
Any more details available? A linux/XBMC version of one of those linked devices would suit me perfect I would sell my revos and atv's and order these in a heartbeat!

Need any more Beta testers Wink

Cheers, Des.
Will they or do they have Apps for native Netflix and Hulu and others?

Because for me thats why the apple tv works for me!
Details are sparse right now; devs keep dropping little hints and cryptic details. I'm assuming there will be an announcement in about a month based on Ned Scott's comment. BlueCop's Hulu plugin should work fine, but there won't be Netflix since it's Linux based. What is interesting though, is that the hardware is the exact same as the Android version, which means it should be able to dualboot into the Android OS, where you should be able to use the Android Netflix app. Also, Davilla has said that they are working on an Android version of XBMC behind the scenes, so in the future you probably won't even have to dual boot.
I don't suppose anyone knows if the hardware they are planning on using supports hdmi-cec, that would be a bonus!

Cheers, Des.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cheap Apple TV 2?0