XBMC, passworded source, idle lock
Hi,

I've configured 3 sources on my Video | Files view.
Code:
/Files/Family Videos/
/Files/TV & Movies/
/Files/Locked_Content/

On one source I've set a lockout password ("Locked_Content").

Starting the system and trying to view that source all is good and it prompts for password.

The problem is once the system has been on/idle for a while it never re-locks. Is there a way without shutting down and restarting XBMC to get an idle path (one not viewed/accessed recently) to automatically lock again so as to require the password again when going to that path?

That way say I am watching /File/Locked_Content/ and then I go to /Files/TV & Movies/ is there any way that after some amount of time (even if viewing stuff from "TV & Movies") that "Locked_Content" will lock again and thus re-prompt for password?

Yes, I basically want to lock the content the under 18s should not be accessing but want to be able to temporarily enable it.

Currently, no, but idle-timeouts for locking features is "on the radar". No ETA, but it's something I've seen the Team discuss before.
I thought it re-locked stuff with the screensaver, but that might only be the profile lock.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Oh well, yeah, I couldn't find a way to get it to re-lock either. Just decided to set the shutdown timer to 15 minutes. Just added an extra button press on the Harmony to hit Start/Green and used some app to make it so instead of media center it launches XBMC instead. Not the most elegant solution but until those locks at the file/path level are allowed to re-set after an idle time it was the next best option. Figured it couldn't hurt to ask at the same time though.

One thing I did note during the various testing. Screen Savers activate while a video is paused but the shutdown idle timer does not. Then again not like anytime the content on the locked paths would require pausing for any reason.
Since I am using shutdown instead of just letting idle time relock the other content path, on a semi-related note is there some way to get XBMC to start in the last active folder/path?

Such as example the last thing being watched was say:
/Files/TV & Movies/Someshow33/S02/Ep22.avi

Is there a way to say if XBMC is shut down after watching that file, for the next time I start XBMC to start in

Video | Files | /Files/TV & Movies/Someshow22/S02/

Instead of starting right at the Main/Home menu?
There's ways to get XBMC to start up in a specific folder, but I don't know if there's an easy way to make this change dynamically based on what was the last opened folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC, passworded source, idle lock0