XBMC Analog Output 7.1
Hello everybody, i finally decided to give XBMC a try and i gotta say its really nice. However i have a question regarding surround decoding.

Currently i use Powerdvd 12 to play blurays and mkv's made with makemkv and im pretty sattisfied except with the interface, everything is too small to read from afar, thats why i picked XBMC.

However the problem i have encountered is with the way 7.1 content is being decoded. I use a DTS HD sound check file i got that i use to test every speaker and the problem is that Side channel output and Rear Channel output are being played thru the same speaker, like for example RIGHT SIDE and RIGHT REAR both come from the Side Speaker like if it was a 5.1 setup.

I know its nothing to do with my setup because the same file played thru PowerDvd 12 has the correct mapping and i get every channel mapped to the right speaker, so i was wondering if there is a setting somewhere that needs to be tweaked. I have already changed my audio output to the proper device and so.

Thank you for any help you guys can give me.
Are you using the stable build of XBMC v11 or one of the nightly builds (wiki) and/or monthly snapshots (wiki)? Between the stable and the nightly/monthlies, HD audio support was added (as in, stable v11 doesn't fully support HD audio), as well as most of XBMC's "AudioEngine (wiki)" insides being revamped (for a lack of better words).

If you're using v11, I would try one of the Monthly snapshots (wiki) (as they're more stable then nightly builds) and see if that fixes the issue. AudioEngine is still a work in progress, but fantastic improvements have already come from this audio-overhaul.
Im using V11 however i did try a nightly build but it ran very slow so i went back to v11. Ill give a try to one of the monthly snapshots.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Analog Output 7.1 0