• 2(current)
Release Universal Scraper for Music Albums
Thanks olympia and scudlee! Smile
Thanks for your work on this, Olympia. Much appreciated!
Hi, awesome work here. How do you enable the scraper to fetch album reviews from allmusic? Not really got a clue about coding so i don't know what part of settings.xml i need to change.
Did you look at settings.xml? It's not coding at all, it only involves some common sense and logic.

You see this for albumreviewsource:
Code:
values="last.fm|None" id="albumreviewsource"

Then you see this for example for albumratingsource:
Code:
values="MusicBrainz|allmusic.com|None" id="albumratingsource"

I suspect it's not a very difficult to guess the riddle, is it? Smile
I tried that before i asked the first time and the reviews weren't getting scraped. Fair enough, i'll do it manually.
I can't follow. What will you do manually?
@olympia: the scraper is working for albums with multiple artists/ composers. It scraped The Dark Knight, Lola Rennt & The Social Network.Thanks.
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
(2012-06-18, 16:54)olympia Wrote: I can't follow. What will you do manually?

I tried adding allmusic.com to the values and the reviews weren't scraping through. Unless i'm missing something the only real option i have left is to copy/paste the allmusic reviews in.
did the option allmusic.com showed up in the scraper settings after you added?
Yeah.
right, and did you check on the musicbrainz site if the artist(s) in question has the allmusic link registered as mentioned in the scraper description?
I've set this now as my default Album (and Artist) scraper - can anyone let me know how I can re-scrape my complete Music Library using this scraper? I was using the AllMusic scraper before and it hardly found any of my albums

Thanks in advance

(2012-06-21, 12:56)ady199 Wrote: I've set this now as my default Album (and Artist) scraper - can anyone let me know how I can re-scrape my complete Music Library using this scraper? I was using the AllMusic scraper before and it hardly found any of my albums

Thanks in advance

Completely remove your musiclibrary and start over or manual refresh each artist and album
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi all.

I was using allmusic until it broke...though with limited success. Now with Universal it seems to find barely anything in my collection, even some well known older titles, only some new albums. Sometimes the search box comes up then disappears, other times it prompts to enter name etc then just repeats

It's my first foray into sorting out XBMC for music, as previously just movies, but a lot of my older several year old mp3s dont have any id3 tags. Do the searches only go by ID3 tag, which would explain perhaps why some don't attempt to search for it. If thats the case is there any way to do a manual search for the album.....or do I have to look at getting them all correctly ID3 tagged up on the pc (a huge job I don't fancy but if it has to be done.... Sad )?
sorry....just to answer my own question

"Your audio files MUST have a valid ID tag for them to work properly in the XBMC music library" from the wiki.

Damn....guess I better find a good id3 tag mp3 manager for the pc
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Scraper for Music Albums7