• 20(current)
Release Universal Scraper for Music Albums
Is there any way to remove an album from the library?
HTPC RPI3 Kodi 17 (Krypton) v8.0.1 MR
Storage BPI 1x 500GB SSD UPnP server
Display Sony Bravia 32"
(2014-02-03, 03:09)n1md4 Wrote: Hi. I've noticed a few of my albums not scraping, and believe it's down to bad tags. I've edited said tags, and attempted to update info, but the old tags are still being read. Are the tags cached? Persistentally stored? How can I forcefully read new tags?

Many thanks!
Had similar problem, even though the tags look fine. As a suggestion, try a program like mp3tag and remove all tags (making sure the program saves this change) then replace your tags with either this program or the program you have been using and see how it goes.
Just an update that TADB now supports Genre, Sub Genre and Moods for albums.

Just like Allmusic.
Don't know if this is a bug with the Universal Album Scraper or with XBMC its self.
I am running window 7 with the latest Gotham nightly and have noticed lately that if I rescan an album using the universal album scraper so I can get to the information screen, it does some weird things to the artist names.
It only changes the artist names if it has symbols in the artist name

For Example -
"Sting & Eric Clapton" will become "Sting & Eric ClaptonEric Clapton"
"Dire Straits & Mark Knopfler" will become "Dire Straits & Mark KnopflerMark Knopfler"

If I scan in with the Audiodb scraper all is ok but when you do a new update, the universal album scraper wants to rescan them and stuffs them up again.

Below is an example
(2013-05-07, 19:17)Wanilton Wrote: Scraper is putting artist name in genre, in actual gotham nightlies version, I have create new collection from zero, with download aditional data set on, after I export and create nfo for each album, when check file, I have this error for all albums, see artist field is blank and genre have name artist.

exemple:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<album>
    <title>Plays Metallica By Four Cellos</title>
    <musicBrainzAlbumID></musicBrainzAlbumID>
    <artist></artist>
    <genre>Apocalyptica</genre>
    <style>Heavy Metal</style>
    <style>Classical Crossover</style>
    <style>Neo-Classical Metal</style>
    <style>Progressive Metal</style>
    <mood>Atmospheric</mood>
    <mood>Complex</mood>
    <mood>Dramatic</mood>
    <mood>Eccentric</mood>
    <mood>Menacing</mood>
    <mood>Sophisticated</mood>
    <mood>Stylish</mood>
    <mood>Theatrical</mood>
    <mood>Visceral</mood>
    <mood>Volatile</mood>
    <mood>Elaborate</mood>
    <theme>Late Night</theme>
    <compilation>false</compilation>
    <review>The premise of a cello-playing four piece (from Finland, no less) performing the music of Metallica may seem outrageous at first, but much of the metal gods&apos; repertoire translates surprisingly well into this &quot;classical&quot; reading. And while Apocalyptica chooses to concentrate on more recent hits like &quot;Enter Sandman,&quot; &quot;Sad But True&quot; and &quot;Wherever I May Roam&quot; for obvious commercial purposes, it is Metallica&apos;s earlier, more complex compositions, like &quot;Master of Puppets,&quot; &quot;Creeping Death,&quot; and &quot;Welcome Home (Sanitarium),&quot; which actually work best in this scenario. The quartet&apos;s love and understanding of the music is the real key here, and their attention to detail and technically flawless performance will no doubt satisfy even the most skeptical of fans. And while it is unlikely that this album will interest non-Metallica fans, it obviously inspired the band themselves to explore the classical direction on their own terms with 1999&apos;s S&amp;M album.</review>
    <type></type>
    <releasedate></releasedate>
    <label>Mercury</label>
    <type></type>
    <thumb>http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/300x300/44621003.jpg</thumb>
    <thumb>http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/174s/44621003.jpg</thumb>
    <thumb>http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov120/drc800/c809/c809303317d.jpg</thumb>
    <path>G:\Musicas\Apocalyptica\(1996) Plays Metallica\</path>
    <rating>5</rating>
    <year>1996</year>
    <track>
        <musicBrainzTrackID></musicBrainzTrackID>
        <title>Enter Sandman</title>
        <position>1</position>
        <duration>03:42</duration>
    </track>
    <track>
        <title>Master of Puppets</title>
        <position>2</position>
        <duration>07:15</duration>
    </track>
    <track>
        <title>Harvester of Sorrow</title>
        <position>3</position>
        <duration>06:14</duration>
    </track>
    <track>
        <title>The Unforgiven</title>
        <position>4</position>
        <duration>05:21</duration>
    </track>
    <track>
        <title>Sad But True</title>
        <position>5</position>
        <duration>04:48</duration>
    </track>
    <track>
        <title>Creeping Death</title>
        <position>6</position>
        <duration>05:06</duration>
    </track>
    <track>
        <title>Wherever I May Roam</title>
        <position>7</position>
        <duration>05:08</duration>
    </track>
    <track>
        <title>Welcome Home (Sanitarium)</title>
        <position>8</position>
        <duration>05:50</duration>
    </track>
</album>

Tags album

Thanks Olympia, for great work, very good addons.

I know this is an old thread but, can I ask what program you use to create your .nfo files suitable for XBMC
is it automated or do you have to input the information manually. Can you provide me with details.
What about the rating tag in the album.nfo file? I'd like to rate my albums (I'm not talking about individual songs here)

Using Local information only in my music library, I have this in my album.nfo file:

Code:
<rating>5</rating>

but after refreshing the album info in my library, nothing change. With Confluence or any other skin I try, all 5 stars remain empty.

So, what's the trick to make this work?
How about an option to search by a MusicBrainz-ID manually?
I have some artists, for which the scraper finds nothing, but there is much info for them on musicbrainz.
If I click on "Refresh" no Info is scraped and the view goes back to the artist-view. I have no option to manually enter a "search-word" or any other ID.
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
(2014-04-17, 13:56)Solo0815 Wrote: How about an option to search by a MusicBrainz-ID manually?
I have some artists, for which the scraper finds nothing, but there is much info for them on musicbrainz.
If I click on "Refresh" no Info is scraped and the view goes back to the artist-view. I have no option to manually enter a "search-word" or any other ID.

Same here.
KODI 20 - LibreELEC 11

Intel NUC 4250U (Haswell) in Abel H2 chassis, Philips 55OLED804
Try using an nfo file
Hi I'm a bit confused about how to get the album art to scrape from Amazon with this plug-in, it seems to be possible but I can't figure out how. There are a lot of albums that don't have any artwork associated with them but when I type the name into Amazon they appear. As expected if I type the name into the other websites the scraper uses there is no artwork, and it is populating artwork when it finds it so the scraper is working as expected apart from Amazon.

I do appear to be missing a fair amount of artwork though and Amazon linking would solve this, any advice appreciated thanks. Smile
This scraper does not use Amazon as a source sorry.

There album cover quality is really bad anyway.
(2014-05-07, 00:42)zag Wrote: This scraper does not use Amazon as a source sorry.

Thanks for the info, could you give me a suggestion how I can get more sources of album art in that case please? Smile
(2014-05-07, 20:05)laptopu Wrote:
(2014-05-07, 00:42)zag Wrote: This scraper does not use Amazon as a source sorry.

Thanks for the info, could you give me a suggestion how I can get more sources of album art in that case please? Smile

Upload them to www.theaudiodb.com and http://fanart.tv then they will scrape properly for everyone. Its all user contributed.
why we dont have last.fm like plex?
Last.fm restricted their API a while ago now.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Scraper for Music Albums7