Acer Aspire R3600 XBMCbuntu No Audio
OK I had XBMC running ok on windows 7 for the last couple of years on my Acer Aspire R3600. Now upgrading to eden decided to switch to XBMCbuntu.

Anyway I can't seem to get the Audio working, did lots of googling, tried many suggestions, no luck.

I have now tried to install Fedora, exact same issue.

Maybe someone here has an Acer Aspire R3600 and already found a solution to this issue ?

Any suggestions before I reinstall Windows ?
Yes, I'd go back to the XBMCbuntu install. I'm not familiar with Fedora (the steps there might be the same). Were you having issues with sound in the XBMCbuntu desktop, XBMC itself, or both?

In the XBMCbuntu desktop, open a terminal and post the output of:
Code:
aplay -L

Describe how your PC is connected to speakers (PC > Receiver > Speakers, PC > TV, etc.).

Post a screenshot (or type up) the settings you've chosen in XBMC > Settings > System > Audio.

Did the XBMCbuntu install create a file called .asoundrc in the home directory (either look in the file browser and enable hidden files or use ls -a ~ in a terminal)?

Also, as noted in many other posts, make sure no outputs are muted in alsamixer (enter that in a terminal, "MM" is muted, "00" is good, 'm' toggles).
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Aspire R3600 XBMCbuntu No Audio0