Latest nightly on new ipad not filling screen
Update: I restored my iPad this morning to its original settings and effected a fresh jailbreak on the 'clean' iPad. I installed XBMC from Cydia (but nothing else) and then the latest nightly build. This worked fine. I have a working XBMC in a full window.

This convinces me that there was something else which was causing the problem. I am now going to restore from my backup, and I trust this will not affect the XBMC installation.

From memory, the Cydia applications I had when the problem was manifest were:

Serious SBSettings
Activator
MyWi 5
XCon and Xcon alias
3G unrestrictor 5
Display Out

I hope this may help sorting out why this is causing a problem for some users.
... and having restored all my settings etc, XMBC once again has migrated to a small window. Now I must confess to being less than brilliant. I restored all my settings, files, music etc AND put back all my Cydia Apps before testing XBMC, so I have no idea whether it is a Cydia App. ot something in my normal settings which has caused the glitch. I am therefore starting again. This time, I will restore slowly and try to identify the rogue setting.
... and having restored all my settings etc, XMBC once again has migrated to a small window. Now I must confess to being less than brilliant. I restored all my settings, files, music etc AND put back all my Cydia Apps before testing XBMC, so I have no idea whether it is a Cydia App. ot something in my normal settings which has caused the glitch. I am therefore starting again. This time, I will restore slowly and try to identify the rogue setting.
Hmmm,

all i did was jailbreak, install xbmc from cydia, opened it had a look then closed and installed a nightly.

maybe its the act of opening the non nightly first is the issue?

i had no other cydia apps installed
Got it!

It's the 'display out' App from Cydia that's causing the problem. As soon as I un-installed it, XBMC came back full screen.

I hope that will help others with this problem.

(2012-06-12, 15:32)cyrusir Wrote: Hmmm,

all i did was jailbreak, install xbmc from cydia, opened it had a look then closed and installed a nightly.

Do you have 'Display Out' installed?

As mentioned above, the small screen vanished as soon as I uninstalled this. I am going to try and install it again, but turn it off for XBMC and see if that works.

(2012-06-12, 15:32)cyrusir Wrote: Hmmm,

Do you have 'Display Out' installed?

As mentioned above, the small screen vanished as soon as I uninstalled this. I am going to try and install it again, but turn it off for XBMC and see if that works.

(2012-06-12, 15:48)viaccess Wrote: Got it!

It's the 'display out' App from Cydia that's causing the problem. As soon as I un-installed it, XBMC came back full screen.

I hope that will help others with this problem.

Thank you! I just had to register to Thank You. Smile

I too was suffering from this problem with a nightly xbmc and uninstalling DisplayOut from Cydia fixed it!
I do have display out actually! its the one other cydia app that i have!

So does tv out work ok without it??
(2012-06-12, 17:04)cyrusir Wrote: I do have display out actually! its the one other cydia app that i have!

So does tv out work ok without it??

Yes it does, at least with ios 5.1.1 and Ipad3
Glad to help - you don't need to uninstall it, you can simply switch it off in settings and XBMC comes back full screen.

Hopefully isolating this problem will give the developers what they need to sort out the glitch in the nightly versions.
thanks guys!
what a luck Smile
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
If anyone is still having problems with Display Out, I have found an excellent utility (Autotoggle for Display Out) which enables you to utilise Display Out for individual apps (such as Sky Go) and shut it down automatically when you quit the App. Well worth having.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest nightly on new ipad not filling screen1