Linux Problems External DVD
Video 
Hello!

Recently I bought an upgrade kit for my Macbook Pro to change the DVD drive with a second HDD. Now i have the former DVD drive in a Slim case which still works on the Mac (so I can read and playback DVDs and other CDs) with inserting DVDs and CDs and removing them also (remove the disc with unmounting in the finder (OSX)).

Actually I have a Linux XBMC installation (newest Eden) and the DVD drive works fine when I connect it via USB. I made correct setting so the DVD starts as soon as its detected. everything fine as long as the DVD is in. So now my problem is that - as this drive is a slim drive without physical button - I cannot remove the disc inside after watching it.
How can I remove the disc from the drive from within XBMC? Is there any eject or similar which I could use?

Does anyone have a similar problem or how can I solve this issue?
Thanks for support,
krijeck

rebuilding ....
"eject" is the linux command that you are looking for.
(2012-06-10, 13:48)wsnipex Wrote: "eject" is the linux command that you are looking for.

hello!

OK, thats the linux command - thanks for that - but what can I do inside XBMC to eject the disk?
is there something built in?

this would increase the acceptance of my wife enormous! Blush
/krijeck
rebuilding ....
I checked and noticed that there is a XBMC built-in function to eject:

EjectTray()

so should be able to map any button or key to do it via keymap.xml

e.g
Code:
<global>
  <keyboard>
    <e>EjectTray()</e>
  </keyboard>
</global>

When a disc is inserted, XBMC should automatically add a new enty, "PLAY DISC", to its main menu. On the default skin, it's displayed between "PROGRAMS" and "SYSTEM". The "PLAY DISC" option has an "EJECT" submenu option which can be used to eject the disc when you are done. If the "PLAY DISC" option doesn't appear or the "EJECT" suboption doesn't work, you can use the solution suggested by wsnipex above.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems External DVD 0