menu flashing
Hi,

I am pretty new to XBMC and i absolutely love the interface and the android remote, but ...

probably i am doing something wrong somehow but the menu is flashing.
the video playback is perfect even in HD but as soon as the XBMC menu comes visible, the screen starts to flash. the screen goes black for maybe a quarter of a second and this happens approximately 1 or 2 times per second.

I am using:
- the latest stable release of XBMC
- windows 7 32bit ( because the motherboard has no drivers for 64 bit)
- intel D2700MUD mother board

I searched the internet for more information but all they seem to handle is "high" frequent flicker that has to do with refresh. they talk about 24, 50 and 60 HZ but my problem has a much lower frequenty
It is also not a stable flickering, it seems to be random.
I know that intel doesn't make the best drivers but if it were a driver problem, the i am supposed to be having video playback problems to.

can someone point me in the right direction? please just say i am doing something wrong because i really would love to use XBMC!!
Debug_log (wiki) is usually required to be able to help

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
ok, didn't know this existed but I found it.
had a quick look but it doesn't say much to me.
here you go : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=3448
HI,

after doing some more testing on the principal of "trial and error", i noticed that it is only the menu that is flashing.
when you have music visualization on the background, the menu on the foreground. you can still see the visualization of the music when the menu disappears/ flashes

after installing media portal ( an other media center ) i noticed the same problem there. The menu was also flashing.
I assume it must be windows or hardware related.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
menu flashing0