XBMC Causing System to Crash and Blink Power LED (Requires Power Supply Reset)
Ok, so... I've had a setup running great for a few weeks without issues after upgrading some hardware.

This morning, I added the program "Rom Collection Browser". I loaded it up and starting playing some roms and stopped the program. I browsed to another section (maybe movies) and the system completely shut down after menu selection. The power LED was blinking. I thought I had some serious hardware failure, but after resetting the power supply the system booted just fine. I did other tasks on the machine for about an hour without crashing. I opened up XBMC (this time it booted without my Aeon skin), I thought it was weird so I went to enable it, but when clicked enable, the system crashed again.

I spend the next several hours updating various things that the graphics driver, and uninstalled XBMC. I reinstalled the program and booted up, I got some error messages about broken plug-ins (all music) and then clicked the video menu, the system crashed again.

My entire system crashes when I try to enter a menu item. Every time. I cannot currently use XBMC in any capacity without the system crash. I don't know if this has anything to do with recently installed programs (Rom Collection Browser)

I am a newbie to XBMC, can someone help me out or point me in the right direction?

System spec's:

Win 7 Ultimate 32bit
AMD Dual-core 2.4
2gb ram
GeForce 210 1GB
500GB Samsung drive (not that this matters)

log files (from last 2 crashes): http://pastebin.com/Xjupnk07

Thank you!
update: after more hours of troubleshooting, I believe my skins or add-ons are corrupt. I can only get past a few screens each time, but after hours of rebooting, i can get everything to work in Confluence. But, I hate Confluence. So, when it was all working, I tried to install another skin and it tries to install, crashes, and then Confluence itself keeps crashing until I can uninstall all enabled add-ons/skins.

I need to remove the entire program and start over. I did the uninstall as a first step hours ago, but the add-ons and things were still left. Is there a way to completely remove everything?

Something is horribly wrong...
Code:
ERROR: invalid rss url set referenced in skin
Maybe wrong repository?
Use the C key on your keyboard on the repo and select Force Refresh Repo.

Have a look in:
%appdata%/xbmc
C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC
for the files you were missing.

Or were you using a portable version?
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Thanks MassIV,

I can't do this because every time I hit the 'settings' menu, the system crashes. Unless, I can do it from another area...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Causing System to Crash and Blink Power LED (Requires Power Supply Reset)0