• 28(current)
[RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon
Does anyone have the capacity to do an update to this addon that doesn't require fiddling with files and code following installation? It would be much appreciated by me and I am thinking a number of other users.

V
(2015-07-23, 13:56)tzachb Wrote: Hi all

it does not work for me after i type the api key and secret key and get the screen for authorization every time i insert the code on the screen to the rdio.com/device link it say successful but then when i enter the rdio add on again i get the same popup for doing authorization again and again in infinite loop .

did some one see the same behavior ?

I get the same behavior. How did you manage to get around this?
Thanks,
Ran.
The same problem here. When I reboot the system it seems to be that the rdio-state.json file is changed again and I need to re-enter the cookie code into this file.
Mac Mini 2,3 | Openelec | Marantz SR-5006 | 2x Monitor Audio Radius 90 | REL T5 Subwoofer | Synology DS213 |
Zotac Zbox ID41 | Openelec | Marantz SR-5003 | 2x Mordaunt Short Genie

Not entirely sure but I think I fixed it with a permissions change command. SSH to the folder containing the rdio-state.json file and type the following:

chmod 755 rdio-state.json

This will change the permissions to prevent the file from being modified by anything but the system owner (I believe).

https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/ssh...ership.htm
Whelp, that did't work. It did stay put for a day and lasted past a reboot or two but reverted back today. Trying again with chmod 444, if this doesn't work I will wait until some smart guy/gal can fix this properly.
Yeah the file was reverted again. There's a routine that runs that comes up as "refreshing authorizations" that I'm pretty sure is what kills it. Does anyone know if that routine is required to keep this plugin alive? IF not is there a way to turn it off?
Indeed the file is reverted again. Strange that when you mark the file as read only it still gets edited after a certain time.
Hopefully someone will improve the addon that it's working again.
Mac Mini 2,3 | Openelec | Marantz SR-5006 | 2x Monitor Audio Radius 90 | REL T5 Subwoofer | Synology DS213 |
Zotac Zbox ID41 | Openelec | Marantz SR-5003 | 2x Mordaunt Short Genie

This addon should be removed from the kodi repo, and this thread should be closed and or hidden/deleted.

"Rdio" was closed back in 2016 when it was bought by another company.

Is there still a way to tag them as broken,  from within Kodi 17 ? (a google search doesn't seem to show anything useful)

What is the procedure to log old junk so it could possibly be removed from the official repo ?
Thanks @Spinner65

We will look into it.

---Edit---
Removed from the repository
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Notice to Members

The Rdio Add-on is no longer maintained and marked as broken in the Official Kodi Repository.

There is no replacement for this item

See newspaper article... https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyr...80420f671c

Thread Closed
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon2