• 14(current)
[RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon
Unfortunately it seems that the fix was not pulled into the Frodo branch correctly Sad Might have to wait until the next update unfortunately: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13864

Agree it would be great to have the Rdio collection available as part of the xbmc library. Will have to look into how the other plugins do this and see if it's possible.
(2013-02-01, 01:39)ampedandwired Wrote: Unfortunately it seems that the fix was not pulled into the Frodo branch correctly Sad Might have to wait until the next update unfortunately: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13864

Agree it would be great to have the Rdio collection available as part of the xbmc library. Will have to look into how the other plugins do this and see if it's possible.

That's too bad. But, I'm working again, so the temporary fix is ok by me!

Hope you can find a way to do it, thanks for checking it out!

Had a quick look at the Hulu plugin, I think syncing the Rdio library with the XBMC library should be possible. Have added it to the backlog. Haven't had much time to work on the plugin lately but hope to do a bit on it soon.
Have a look at what the qobuz plugin guys are doing - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146568
(Qobuz is like Rdio but does lossless streaming)

They are working on library integration. It's not perfect yet (you can't delete stuff easily) but you can scan albums to your regular music library.

Hi ampedandwired.

First a big thanx for your great work. Your plugin was for me the final reason to decide me for rdio.

So, i would like to offer you my german plugin translation. I used the original german Strings of the Mac and the iOS rdio App. Hope you can use it!?

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<strings>
  <string id="30000">Rdio</string>

<string id="30100">Rdio Benutzername</string>
  <string id="30101">Rdio Passwort</string>
  <string id="30102">Rdio API Key</string>
  <string id="30103">Rdio API Secret</string>

<string id="30200">Playlisten</string>
  <string id="30201">Kollaboration</string>
  <string id="30202">Abonniert</string>
  <string id="30203">Interpreten</string>
  <string id="30204">Alben</string>
  <string id="30205">Einstellungen...</string>
  <string id="30206">Anmeldung</string>
  <string id="30207">Re-Authentifizieren</string>
  <string id="30208">Dein Rdio</string>
  <string id="30209">Suche Album/Interpret...</string>
  <string id="30210">Suche</string>
  <string id="30211">Top Alben</string>
  <string id="30212">Top Tracks</string>
  <string id="30213">Ähnliche Interpreten</string>
  <string id="30214">Mehr...</string>
  <string id="30215">Neuerscheinungen</string>
  <string id="30216">Heavy Rotation</string>
  <string id="30217">Mehr von diesem Interpreten...</string>
  <string id="30218">Durchsuche Playlisten...</string>
  <string id="30219">Zur Sammlung hinzufügen</string>
  <string id="30220">Aus Sammlung entfernen</string>
  <string id="30221">Alle Alben</string>
  <string id="30222">Alle Alben von diesem Interpreten...</string>
  <string id="30223">Top-Charts</string>
  <string id="30224">Top-Alben</string>
  <string id="30225">Top-Interpreten</string>
  <string id="30226">Top-Playlisten</string>
  <string id="30227">Top-Tracks</string>
  <string id="30228">Playliste abonnieren</string>
  <string id="30229">Playliste kündigen</string>
  <string id="30230">Zur Playliste hinzufügen</string>
  <string id="30231">Aus dieser Playliste entfernen</string>
  <string id="30232">Radio Station für diesen Interpreten spielen</string>

<string id="30900">Du musst deinen Rdio Benutzernamen/Passwort</string>
  <string id="30901">und die API Daten in den Plugin Einstellungen eingeben.</string>
  <string id="30902">Besuche http://bit.ly/rdioxbmc für Hilfe.</string>
  <string id="30903">Authentifizierung mit Rdio fehlgeschlagen</string>
</strings>

At last i would like to ask you if you plan to add artist pictures and bios to your plugin!? And - is it possible to put 'More from this artist...' to the end of every list and not to the beginning, like it is in the rdio apps?

Efty
Thanks efty, glad you like the plugin. I'll add the German translations in the next release, thanks.

Artist images - depends if they're available through the Rdio API. I don't recall seeing them there, but will have another look.

Artist bios - yes I've been thinking of adding this. Perhaps an "About this artist" option on the artists menu?

Will have a look at moving the "more from this artist..."
Unfortunately Rdio doesn't seem to have artist images... yet. They do have a placeholder for artist images, but they all point to this: http://cdn3.rd.io/artist/no-artist-image-square.png
OK, I feel really lame, but I've just installed this and I'm having authentication issues in Frodo 12.1 on Windows 7:

11:17:54 T:4036 NOTICE: Rdio: Executing Rdio 1.7.1 addon operation main with params {'mode': 'main'}
11:17:54 T:4036 NOTICE: Rdio: Authenticating to Rdio
11:17:55 T:4036 NOTICE: Rdio: Authorizing OAuth token https://www.rdio.com/oauth/authorize/?oa...46kktyjgm8
11:17:56 T:4036 ERROR: Rdio: Failed to authenticate to Rdio Login failed, check username in plugin settings
11:17:59 T:4036 NOTICE: Rdio: Executed Rdio addon operation main in 4460 ms
11:17:59 T:4020 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false

I've verified the login/password/API Key/Secret in the settings.xml, and all are correct, but still getting this authentication error.

Is there something going on right now?
Hi Jason, don't feel lame, it really is broken. Rdio have changed their authentication pages and that's broken the plugin. I'll looking into a fix and will update here as soon as I have some news. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Just to be clear, this only affects those who are authenticating the plugin for the first time (or those using the "Reauthenticate" function). If you're already happily using the plugin, it should continue to work for you no problems.
I'm in the same boat. Just got everything set up on my Raspberry Pi and failed to authenticate. Any idea when a fix will show up, or if there is a work around at all?
(2013-04-17, 13:18)ampedandwired Wrote: Hi Jason, don't feel lame, it really is broken. Rdio have changed their authentication pages and that's broken the plugin. I'll looking into a fix and will update here as soon as I have some news. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Well I'm happy that I'm not lame, but bummed it isn't something I was doing on my side! Thanks for working on it.
No workaround right now, sorry. Will push a new release before the end of the week.
When did this happen? Mine is still working, was just playing music 10 minutes ago.

Anyways, I just came into this thread to say thanks for making this add-on. Love it.
The problem only affects the login process, so if you're already listening to music successfully then it will continue to work.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon2