• 16(current)
[RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon
(2013-05-15, 03:52)nbmaltais Wrote: Hi Drift,

Can you give more details? Are you trying to use the script I posted or the rdio addon?

Nic

Hey there, I just saw your script and I'm going to give it a try.
I successfully used nbmaltais's script (or at least I thought it was successful), and I can see my collection and playlists. However, everything only plays for 30 seconds. I checked the debug log, and the path of the file being played has "30s-96" at the end, which I think was the cause of a similar problem a few versions back. Anyone seeing the same thing?

I made the change to rdioxbmc.py that was suggested here, and this seemed to fix the problem.
Hi alsacefan,

Did you use the R cookie from the www.rdio.com or from the rdio-xbmc authorisation page? Both page generate an R cookie but it's the one you get when login into your account at rdio.com that seems to work (it should be longer than the one from the authorisation page).

Nic
Hi,

It seems like Rdio plugin is also having some problems with accented characters. Maybe Rdio changed the encoding or something. I am Brazilian and I could not start the plugin using pt_BR locale in XBMC, I had to change to English. This is the kind of error I would get:

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=22027

Now I can play some music but only if the strings involved (artist, title, album) don't have any accented characters which is not ver easy in the Brazilian Rdio network. For example even after changin to English I got the error:

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=22029

When trying to look for some albums.
It's taken a while (apologies) and a bit of pulling my hair out, but I've finally managed to fix the authentication issue - version 1.8.0 of this plugin was released today. In addition to fixing the authentication issues this release also has a fix for the problem with accented characters mentioned above by pjssilva. It also adds Spanish and German translations.

Enjoy!
been waiting a bit for this. works great!
ampedandwired:

Unfortunately version 1.8.0 does not fix the problems with accented characters. If I try to login I get:

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=30153

If there is anything I can do to help debugging, please let me know. I know how to program and I know Python but I never tried to look at the code of a XBMC plugin, so it is hard to me just to dive in and look for the error. But I may try to help if you give me some directions. Feel free to PM me.
Hi pjssilva, I've just released a new version (1.8.1) - please try again now and let me know how you go.

All: with version 1.8.1 I've introduced three different "streaming modes" which can be changed in the plugin settings. Functionally they are all more or less the same, but I've added the ability to switch between them as sort of an insurance policy against breakages in the future. If sometime you find that playback is no longer working, try one of the other streaming modes and see if they work.

Briefly, the modes are:
  • RTMP/AMF: uses flash streams (RTMP) for playback, and retrieves the playback info via the AMF (flash) API
  • RTMP/WEB: uses flash streams (RTMP) for playback, but retrieves the playback info from the Rdio Web API
  • HTTP: Uses HTTP streaming for playback, and retrieves the playback info from the Rdio Web API
Hi, ampedandwired. Yes, it is working now with version 1.8.1. Thanks!

I also tried the three "streaming modes" and all are working.

You should get some reward from Rdio, I only have my account because of your work.
Thank you for fixing. You sir, are a god among men.
Thanks guys, glad you like the plugin Smile
Wow, Brilliant. Thanks so much. Nod
my favorite add on is working great. do you have a roadmap or new features you plan on adding? thanks
@iamjustme, there's a roadmap in the first post of this thread that I keep more or less up to date. If there's anything that you'd like to see implemented please let me know.

Currently I'm working on "collection radio" which will allow you to play a radio station only from songs in your collection (or someone else's). Unlike the collection radio on the Rdio website though it's based around a "seed artist" and plays only songs from artists that are similar to the seed artist (so you won't end up with Sepultura followed by Tibetan Chakra Meditation as I did recently using the Rdio collection radio!).

After that I was thinking of doing artist bio's, but let me know what you'd like to see most and I'll do my best to accommodate it!
oops my bad. ill make sure to check before posting next time..i do have one request, is it possible to add the option to switch overview, this week, last week, two weeks ago under new releases? thanks again this add-on makes xbmc 10x better..
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon2