• 17(current)
[RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon
Sure, I've added it to the roadmap. It looks easy enough to do so will hopefully get onto it soon.
is "play here instead" feature possible to add?
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "play here instead". Could you explain what you're looking for in a little more detail?
The app will notify you if “Rdio is playing elsewhere.” Pause, skip, or play a station from wherever you are, or click “Play Here Instead” and your mobile device will pick up right where you left off... This is good for non iOS users that lacks airplay..
OK, I think I understand. I suspect that won't be easy to do due to the way this plugin does its playback, but I'll look into it.
Awesome plugin - easily my favourite plugin on xbmc.

One question / request - is there any way to change the default 100 items returned in album / artist lists? I'd love it if all my albums were displayed like the normal xbmc library behaviour.

Cheers, Tim

Edit: By the way - this is on an ATV2, if it makes a difference.
The reason it's limited to 100 is because beyond a certain size you start getting timeouts retrieving them from the Rdio API. Guess it could retrieve them all in chunks of 100 in multiple calls but then aggregate them. I'll have a think about this.

What would be great is if you could scan your Rdio collection directly into your XMBC library. I started to look into this a while back but ran into some technical issues so shelved it. It's still on the roadmap though.
I'm excited to announce version 1.9.0 of this plugin. This release has a feature I've been wanting to add for a while now - collection radio.

This feature will play a radio station of songs that are in your collection, based around a seed artist. It only chooses songs that are by related artists of the seed artist, so in effect you get a genre themed station consisting only of the songs in your collection. Even better, this feature works on other users' collections as well, so you can play the collections of your friends too!

You access this functionality by choosing an artist from your collection (or someone else's) and selecting "Play collection radio station for this artist".

The algorithm that it uses to choose songs is kind of complicated so I won't try to describe it in full, but I'm interested in hearing any feedback you may have on it. It works more or less like this:
  • First track is always a track from the base artist
  • Subsequent tracks are chosen by scanning related artists of the previous track (recursively to a depth of 3 if necessary) until it finds an artist that has tracks in the collection. It then chooses a track randomly from those.
  • It tries not to repeat tracks from the 5 previously played artists.
  • It tries not to repeat any of the previous 25 tracks.
  • On average it returns to the base artist every 5 songs (maybe less if base artist only has few songs in the collection).

I've found this algorithm works fairly well even on small collections. Let me know what you think.

Enjoy!
this is awesome and working flawlessly. keep em coming and really looking forward to rdio scan to xbmc and create/delete playlists. thanks for the hard work Big Grin
(2013-07-10, 11:30)iamjustme Wrote: The app will notify you if “Rdio is playing elsewhere.” Pause, skip, or play a station from wherever you are, or click “Play Here Instead” and your mobile device will pick up right where you left off... This is good for non iOS users that lacks airplay..

+1
Love this plugin. Love Rdio.
"Play here" is very handy. Often work on my laptop with Rdio running but with the audio playing out of my HTPC (Windows Rdio App)
Would be awesome to just do this right in the XBMC plugin to take advantage of all the XBMC visualizations and screensavers etc.
=========================
XBMC Frodo v12.2
Win7 x64
Core i5 3.3GHz
GeForce GTX 580
8 GB RAM
=========================
I got a three month free trial of Rdio and installed this today. It works fine with XBMC on my W7 laptop. However bizarrely I get a script error with the latest OpenElec stable. Just can't figure it out. I even copied the settings.xml file over from the laptop. I uninstalled and re-installed too. I have a log but I'm reluctant to post it in case my passwords are showing......the log seems to mention something about a t0mmo module....
Hi ampedandwired, truly loving your Rdio add-on thanks.

I've given it a run for it's money and so far I can't make it error out at all.

I do have some suggestions, and they are in no way criticism, but just suggestions that you can dismiss if you please.

I'm using XBMCBuntu 12.2, with Rdio v1.9.0, Confluence skin, using remote control.

If I'm in the "Albums" folder and I highlight an album and I click "Remove from Rdio collection" from the context menu, I don't get an immediate removal of the album, I have to go out of the "Album" folder and back into the "Album" folder to see the album removal.
Could the page be refreshed to show the new removal without having to go out & back into the "Album" folder with maybe a popup
saying "Album removed" & "Album added" when you add one.

As I use a remote to type my searches, it would be nice to have some stored history of the previous searches, to save me having to
retype

Are you thinking of making a fanart ?

What about doing a new thumbnail for your Rdio add-on, as the current one doesn't match the size of a lot of other add-ons thumbnails
see SCREENSHOT of your different size thumb most are 256x256 yours is 513x197, I do like yours but it would be nice to have a unified one.

Could you add genre & year to the album tracks ie when I press my "info" button ( "I" on the keyboard) when highlighting an album track I get "unavailable" next to genre & year see SCREENSHOT . Pressing the "info" button ( "I" on the keyboard) has more success when I highlight an album and press the info button, ( "I" on the keyboard) depending on how the album has been named I get album info returned, but this has to be scraped every time by myself, it's not storing the info locally.

Could the albums when added to rdio collection be named with the artist name first just so it looks nicer, & to make it easier to see the artist in the list. I can put the artists in alphabetical order with the view options in confluence to "sort by : Artist" but it would be nicer to see the artist name first instead of sometimes a very long scrolling album title before seeing the artists name.

If you have more than one hundred artists in your collection, the artists are ordered alphabetically for the first page, on the second page they are also alphabetically ordered but I have artists beginning with "A" on the first page & artists beginning with "A" on the second page, can you make them order globally ie so all the artist beginning with "A" are on page 1 etc

I havn't had time yet to try your new feature "collection radio" but will do soon & let you know what I think.

Thanks for your time & effort.

John.
(2013-07-22, 17:00)VanZan Wrote: I got a three month free trial of Rdio and installed this today. It works fine with XBMC on my W7 laptop. However bizarrely I get a script error with the latest OpenElec stable. Just can't figure it out. I even copied the settings.xml file over from the laptop. I uninstalled and re-installed too. I have a log but I'm reluctant to post it in case my passwords are showing......the log seems to mention something about a t0mmo module....

Hi VanZan, at what point in the plugin exactly do you get the script error?

Without seeing the log it's a bit hard to say what might be the problem. If you're worried about privacy feel free to send it to me via private message. In particular the "stack trace" from the log would help a lot. The stack trace is a series of lines that start with "ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown" and finish with "End of Python script error report".
(2013-07-22, 23:01)hasselhof Wrote: Hi ampedandwired, truly loving your Rdio add-on thanks.

I've given it a run for it's money and so far I can't make it error out at all.

I do have some suggestions, and they are in no way criticism, but just suggestions that you can dismiss if you please.

I'm using XBMCBuntu 12.2, with Rdio v1.9.0, Confluence skin, using remote control.

Glad you enjoy the plugin, thanks for taking the time to make suggestions - I'm always happy to get feedback.

Quote:If I'm in the "Albums" folder and I highlight an album and I click "Remove from Rdio collection" from the context menu, I don't get an immediate removal of the album, I have to go out of the "Album" folder and back into the "Album" folder to see the album removal.
Could the page be refreshed to show the new removal without having to go out & back into the "Album" folder with maybe a popup
saying "Album removed" & "Album added" when you add one.

Sounds reasonable, will see what can be done

Quote:As I use a remote to type my searches, it would be nice to have some stored history of the previous searches, to save me having to
retype

Yeah, this is an annoyance of mine too - will add it to the roadmap.

Quote:Are you thinking of making a fanart ?

Hmm, I am now Smile I'm not really too familiar with XBMC's fanart handling. It looks like I can add a link to a fanart image for an artist/album, but not sure where this should point to?

Quote:What about doing a new thumbnail for your Rdio add-on, as the current one doesn't match the size of a lot of other add-ons thumbnails
see SCREENSHOT of your different size thumb most are 256x256 yours is 513x197, I do like yours but it would be nice to have a unified one.

Sure - how about this one?

Quote:Could you add genre & year to the album tracks ie when I press my "info" button ( "I" on the keyboard) when highlighting an album track I get "unavailable" next to genre & year see SCREENSHOT . Pressing the "info" button ( "I" on the keyboard) has more success when I highlight an album and press the info button, ( "I" on the keyboard) depending on how the album has been named I get album info returned, but this has to be scraped every time by myself, it's not storing the info locally.

Pretty sure Rdio doesn't supply genre info through their API, so can't do much about genre I'm afraid. Will add year though. Will have a look at better info retrieval in general too.

Quote:Could the albums when added to rdio collection be named with the artist name first just so it looks nicer, & to make it easier to see the artist in the list. I can put the artists in alphabetical order with the view options in confluence to "sort by : Artist" but it would be nicer to see the artist name first instead of sometimes a very long scrolling album title before seeing the artists name.

Seems to make sense to me, although possibly this is a personal preference thing. What do others think?

Quote:If you have more than one hundred artists in your collection, the artists are ordered alphabetically for the first page, on the second page they are also alphabetically ordered but I have artists beginning with "A" on the first page & artists beginning with "A" on the second page, can you make them order globally ie so all the artist beginning with "A" are on page 1 etc

Hmm, hadn't noticed that. Will investigate.

Quote:I havn't had time yet to try your new feature "collection radio" but will do soon & let you know what I think.

Thanks for your time & effort.

Cheers, and thanks again for the feedback Smile
yes to the new logo and name of artist when album is added to collection..thanks again amped
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon2