• 18(current)
[RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon
Hi ampedandwired,

The new suggested icon is an excellent choice.

Regarding the fanart, I was thinking of a dedicated fanart in much the same vain as your new suggested thumb.

Artist fanart would be brilliant if you can pull it offTongue,
BlueCops "Vevo" add-on does a great job of scraping fanart for artists maybe you could take a look at that codeHuh

Better retrieval of info sounds great also.

I think the suggested naming with the artist then the album name would help a lot with the retrieval of lyrics with the "CU LRC LYRICS" add-on, If memory serves me right, the stream should provide artists name & song title for this to work 100%

Thanks again for your time

Speak to you soon

John.
Fanart would be awesome, I've noticed in other forums that you are hitting a dead end with adding this to the XBMC library but if fanart could be added to the program itself, adding to the library wouldn't even be needed (at least in my case). I'm having the same issue with streams btw. I've been trying to add music to open up in an external player but XBMC will not recognize anything out of the ordinary. It will open in the external player but there's no way to scrape it to the library. I don't believe there is any way around that. Without much knowledge, I feel like it's hardcoded into XBMC on what files will be able to scrape. For instance, I wanted to scrape a URL movie file and it doesn't work, and searching the forums I've found that only certain movie containers will scrape. The weird thing though is that .strm scrapes for movies. But, it must not be built in to be scraped for music.
(2013-07-16, 08:32)ampedandwired Wrote: I'm excited to announce version 1.9.0 of this plugin. This release has a feature I've been wanting to add for a while now - collection radio.

This feature will play a radio station of songs that are in your collection, based around a seed artist. It only chooses songs that are by related artists of the seed artist, so in effect you get a genre themed station consisting only of the songs in your collection. Even better, this feature works on other users' collections as well, so you can play the collections of your friends too!

You access this functionality by choosing an artist from your collection (or someone else's) and selecting "Play collection radio station for this artist".

The algorithm that it uses to choose songs is kind of complicated so I won't try to describe it in full, but I'm interested in hearing any feedback you may have on it. It works more or less like this:
  • First track is always a track from the base artist
  • Subsequent tracks are chosen by scanning related artists of the previous track (recursively to a depth of 3 if necessary) until it finds an artist that has tracks in the collection. It then chooses a track randomly from those.
  • It tries not to repeat tracks from the 5 previously played artists.
  • It tries not to repeat any of the previous 25 tracks.
  • On average it returns to the base artist every 5 songs (maybe less if base artist only has few songs in the collection).

I've found this algorithm works fairly well even on small collections. Let me know what you think.

Enjoy!

Hi ampedandwired,

I'm using XBMCBuntu 12.2, with Rdio v1.9.0, Confluence skin, using remote control.

I've had the time today to put your new feature, "Play collection radio station for this artist" through it's paces, and I must say what you have done is very clever, and I like it a lot. I would never have been able to blend the songs together as pleasantly as this feature does. You have succeeded in the genre themed station creation with all the tracks being very similar genre.
I've listened to two genre themed stations today both with the base artist of "Erasure" Blush and both I let play 25 full songs each - see playlists

As you can see from the "Play collection radio station for this artist" generated playlists in image, the base artist did in fact start the station, subsequent songs were on genre with a very random selection of tracks Cool. None of the songs were repeated in there own playlist of 25 songs, and even better only one song "The Human League - The sounds of the crowd" was repeated out of the two playlists.
The base artist was randomly chucked in the mix as well so I would say it's a great success Nod
The "Now playing" feature in xbmc worked nicely with Rdio.
I was able to save both playlists via xbmc gui, and play back the playlists no problem, which is wicked.

I do have another request if you don't mind, when your in "Your Network" it would be nice to see if your friends are online & what they are listening to, what do you think ?.

Have you made any more progress with the Rdio add-on ?.

Thanks again, I'm of to listen to some more music Nerd
Good stuff hasselhof, thanks for testing out the feature so thoroughly, glad you like it! I'll do a bit of hacking on the plugin this weekend.
Online/offline status and "currently listening to" would be cool, I'll add it to the roadmap.
Quote:Are you thinking of making a fanart ?

Hmm, I am now Smile I'm not really too familiar with XBMC's fanart handling. It looks like I can add a link to a fanart image for an artist/album, but not sure where this should point to?

The fanart should be 1920x1080 or 1280x720 if you did sort it out thanks.
Hey amped, anything new?
Hello, i get an script failed message launching the script on Xbmc Frodo. Here's my debug log. My username/password are good and my account is unlocked :

20:01:42 T:139876817172224 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
20:01:42 T:139876817172224 NOTICE: /storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.audio.rdio/
20:01:42 T:139876817172224 NOTICE: Rdio: Executing Rdio 1.9.0 addon operation main with params {'mode': 'main'}
20:01:42 T:139876817172224 NOTICE: Rdio: Authenticating to Rdio
20:01:42 T:139876817172224 NOTICE: Rdio: Authorizing OAuth token
20:01:49 T:139876305446656 NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
20:02:14 T:139876817172224 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
20:02:14 T:139876817172224 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'urllib2.URLError'>
Error Contents: <urlopen error _ssl.c:489: The handshake operation timed out>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.rdio/rdioplugin.py", line 572, in <module>
XbmcRdioOperation(addon).execute()
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.rdio/rdioplugin.py", line 566, in execute
handler()
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.rdio/rdioplugin.py", line 60, in main
self._rdio_api.authenticate()
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.rdio/rdioxbmc.py", line 75, in authenticate
oauth_state = self.call_direct('getOAuth1State', token = oauth_token)
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.rdio/rdioxbmc.py", line 208, in call_direct
self._login()
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.audio.rdio/rdioxbmc.py", line 243, in _login
http_response = self._net.http_GET(redirect_url)
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.module.t0mm0.common/lib/t0mm0/common/net.py", line 183, in http_GET
return self._fetch(url, headers=headers, compression=compression)
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.module.t0mm0.common/lib/t0mm0/common/net.py", line 264, in _fetch
response = urllib2.urlopen(req)
File "./Lib/urllib2.py", line 126, in urlopen
File "./Lib/urllib2.py", line 406, in open
File "./Lib/urllib2.py", line 519, in http_response
File "./Lib/urllib2.py", line 438, in error
File "./Lib/urllib2.py", line 378, in _call_chain
File "./Lib/urllib2.py", line 625, in http_error_302
File "./Lib/urllib2.py", line 400, in open
File "./Lib/urllib2.py", line 418, in _open
File "./Lib/urllib2.py", line 378, in _call_chain
File "./Lib/urllib2.py", line 1215, in https_open
File "./Lib/urllib2.py", line 1177, in do_open
URLError: <urlopen error _ssl.c:489: The handshake operation timed out>
-->End of Python script error report<--
20:02:14 T:139878364247872 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.audio.rdio/
20:02:14 T:139878364247872 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.audio.rdio/) failed
(2013-08-06, 11:46)iamjustme Wrote: Hey amped, anything new?

I've made a few small changes recently. Will hopefully push a new release this weekend. Bit swamped with work/family stuff right now unfortunately.

@legendx - not too sure what that error is about. It looks like maybe rdio was down? Not sure - I'll dig a little further this weekend and let you know if I can see anything wrong.
The new rdio radio seems absolutely awesome. Do you expect that it would be possible to integrate into the plugin?
You mean the new "Stations" menu item? I might look into it to see if it's possible, but there's already features very similar to this in the plugin, the difference being that the plugin itself chooses the songs, rather than Rdio.

The "collection radio" feature that I introduced a little while ago is very similar to Rdio's "Your Collection Station" (except it's better (IMO) because it takes artist relatedness into account when choosing songs - I just tried the Rdio collection station and got Ladysmith Black Mambazo followed by Megadeth followed by Vivaldi!).

Radio stations based around particular artists can be played from the artist menu in the plugin - "Play radio station for this artist".

Is there anything specifically that the Rdio Stations feature does that you'd like to see integrated into the plugin?
I like the "thumbs up/thumbs down" feature present in Rdio's stations. It would be nice if customized stations on Rdio could be listened to on XBMC. However, I should give a second look to the radio features already present in the plugin.
There is a test version of Script.CU.LRC Lyrics v2.0.2 which works fantastic with the Rdio add-on, ronie has done a great job, he has set the script up to also run as a service, which provides auto lyrics in full screen. Pop over to the CU LRC lyric thread with any feedback, or just to say thanks.Wink

(2013-08-18, 00:57)ronie Wrote: new test version:
script.cu.lrclyrics-2.0.2.zip

two new features are added:
  • auto-close the lyrics window if no lyrics are found
this has been requested quite a few times, so i decided to give it a go.
the lyrics window will now disappear if it can't find any lyrics for a song.
it will re-appear as soon as you play a song that has lyrics.

• run as a service
this means you won't have to start the script manually anymore.
it will run in the background and automatically start fetching lyrics when you enter the fullscreen visualization window.
if you don't like this feature and prefer the old way, you can disable it in the addon settings.
I just read that Rdio is now available as a free service, so I came to see if there was an XBMC plugin. Thought the news would be worth a thread bump:

http://www.inthemix.com.au/news/56170/Rd...r_no_money
I love the plugin, for me it finally consolidated the last outstanding item into XBMC, so thank you very much.

If I may, a feature request: The "new" stations feature on Rdio is killer. I would love to see it integrated into your plugin. Obviously it is brand spanking new and I'm sure you are already aware and working on it but I figured I'd throw that out there.

To anyone who hasn't used it the new Stations feature on Rdio, I highly recommend it.

Thanks again!
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon2