• 9(current)
[RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon
@cmonpellier - interesting that entering your login directly in settings.xml made the login start working. When you opened the file did you see anything in there that looked odd? There definitely seems to be a problem here, but can't figure out what it might be.
thanks for the fix but is 1.3.6 available yet? add-on still shows as 1.3.5
Yes the release is available: https://github.com/ampedandwired/ampedan...audio.rdio

You may need to force an update of your plugins, maybe restarting XBMC will make it update.
I haven't given this plugin much love lately (been busy with other things), but seeing as I was fixing it anyway I thought I'd whack in a few more features while I was at it. So I've released 1.4.0, which as well as (hopefully) solving the playback issues includes the following:
  • Show sad face if track or album is not streamable (ie: due to regional licensing restrictions)
  • Subscribe to and unsubscribe from playlists (via context menu)
  • "Top Charts" menu - shows top albums, artists, playlists and songs on Rdio

Let me know if any problems.
yes! it's working again to me. thanks man! Smile
Thanks alot!
still having issues with this addy script error "rdioplugin.py" on 1.4.0 any idea
I'm getting "Failed to authenticate to Rdio check your API credentials in plugin settings" on ATV2.

Never mind. turned out i was missing a letter on the API key. sorry!
YAAAAAY!!!!! Now all I need is unlimited play without a pay account.
Right now I have 3 free accounts labeled "xxxx1", "xxxx2" and "xxxx3" with the same password so I can easily switch if one runs out of time.

I know it's not nice, but don;t judge me,
lol. I guess Rdio got smart to this behavior. I just noticed that the longer I use these accounts, the lower my limit gets. I just used an account I havent used in a few months and my limit was apparently about 3 minutes.
Glad to hear things are working for most of you.

@koyboy, can you post a debug log with the error?
I'm getting blank album covers on atv2 but working fine on my windows 7. any idea what's causing this?
Not too familiar with XBMC on atv2 but possibly your directory permissions aren't right on the ATV. Thumbs are stored in<xbmc_home>/userdata/Thumbnails - if this directory isn't writable by XBMC then I'd guess that showing the album covers might not work. The Rdio plugin itself really doesn't get involved in downloading/storing/showing the covers, other than telling XBMC what URL they should be retrieved from.
Would it be possible to store rdio thumbs to a single/separate folder because i occasionally delete unused movie thumbs located in userdata/thumbnails and want to avoid deleting rdio thumbs..thqnks
That's not going to be possible. The Rdio plugin relies on XBMC to manage download and caching the thumbs, and the process is outside the scope of control of the plugin.

Be careful manually deleting thumbs, there is thumbnail info stored in the XBMC database as well I believe, so if you remove the file without removing the corresponding DB entry it could cause strange things to happen.
Hi All,

I've just pushed release 1.5 of this plugin:
  • Add any track to one of your playlists
  • Remove a track from one of your playlists

You access this functionality via the right-click context menu. Removing a track from your playlist is only available when you're browsing the tracklist of that playlist.

Enjoy!
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rdio Music Addon2